New Jersey Devils Concept

burgundy

Wow. This is one of the nicest concepts I've ever seen with original logos. Both of the logos are excellent. Maybe use the logo you didn't use as a crest as a shoulder patch?

Clean, simple, and a great new logo that, although is an obvious d, a simple break in it makes it a subtle but excellent NJ. Well done.

jman077.png

Sig courtesy of LEWJ

I really like that "D" Logo. I have been thinking the same thing lately but I just didn't know how it could be done. Very nice job. I would have to put that logo up there with that Wild logo (the state shape with the MW) and the Avs one (the C with the thing from the state flag) Probably not quite as good as those...but its up there.

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

With two horns, the 'D' looks like it would be more appropriate for a bull-related team.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

Alright, so I decided to modify the second logo and see how it looks as a shoulder patch.

The logo

dev-logoalternateNJ2.png

The jersey with patch

devil-Jersey-alt-patch.png

I really like the modified "D" patch, even though I shouldn't. I much prefer the city/state to be the basis of a monogram/logo, but your "D" can also double fairly easily as an "NJ".

That said, 2 things to think about:

1. The "NJ" alternate needs to go. For one, it's got Copperplate in it. (BOOOO!!) For another, two monogram-based designs on the same uniform that don't use the same letter(s) in their design is bewildering. Having a "D" AND an "NJ" represent the same team looks indecisive. If the front crest was, say, a skating devil, a new monogram would be fine. But putting 2 monograms on the same jersey looks wrong.

2. Normally, I am a fan of non-white numbers on dark jerseys. But black on red is almost illegible. You'd need to seriously thicken the white outlining, and you'd need white letters for player names. Even then, it would show up as dark mush. And take pity on the colorblind, who'd see black, black and more black. :P

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I agree with your first point, that's why I didn't originaly use it, but since it was suggested, I gave it a try. I'm a bit confused on why copperplate is so bad though. As for your second point, a thicker outline may be better, but I have no problem destinguishing the numbers and name. And color blind people wouldn't see black, black and more black; they would see black and gray.

spacer.png

Archived