World Football (Soccer) Federation

chestnutz

Alright so here's a series I've been wanting to do, and it's similar to kewp's Rugby league. The World Football Federation will be a 12 team soccer league, where teams are divided in 3 divisions (according to location) and will be located in the biggest cities in the world. I know it would never happen (way long road trips), but oh well.

Here are the teams...

American Division

New York United (NYC, USA)Badge, Kits

Mexico D.F. (Mexico City, Mexico)

Toronto Canadians (Toronto, Canada)

Atletico Sao Paulo (Sau Paulo, Brazil)

European Division

Olympique de Paris (Paris, France)

London Athletic FC (London, England)Badge, Kits

Deportivo de Madrid (Madrid, Spain)

VfL Berlin (Berlin, Germany)

Eurasian Division

Beijing (Beijing, China)

Tokyo FC (Tokyo, Japan)

Sydney FC (Sydney, Australia)

PFC Moscow (Moscow, Russia)

I hate league logos so I won't do one. For now I'm only going to make badges, but if people want uniforms I can do that.

First to premiere will be New York United.

So NYC is the biggest city in America, so they deserve to have America's team.

The colors, midnight blue and yellow, were chosen because of the color of the city at night, all the lights are turned on and it's midnight. I wanted to stray away from using blue and orange (flag colors), as I'll probably be doing that a lot this series.

The badge shape is in the shape of the NYPD badge. The 5 stars represent the five boroughs (Brooklyn, Manhatten, Staten Island, Queens, Bronx).

Other than that not much to explain...

NewYorkUnitedbadgecopy.png

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

can i give a suggestion on your names for the divisions? i'd think that American Division, European Division, and Eurasian Division would be the best names for them, geographically speaking. onto the badge, i think youve got a solid base, but i think the placement of the stars could be better. to put them on top of the badge, when (i mean this is all hypothetical) they could win titles and have the stars above the crest, so it'd be kinda redundant. just my 2 cents.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

I'd put the 5 stars over the skyline in the yellow part.

That, and change the font, as that one is rather unattractive, and I think it would look really nice.

I agree with both of these.

Also, I'm not sure why, but the badge seems lopsided, but I don't think it really is. Maybe it's the skyline being not symmetrical.

But I love the idea, and I love how the 5 stars represent the 5 burrows, you got something here.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

the 5 boroughs is definetly something to incorporate since so few NY teams do so, but i'd say put the stars elsewhere, im trying to think where...

"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

No CC? Oh well.

Here's London Athletic FC. Uniforms will come later

londonathleticfcbadgecopy.png

I went with a more simple, traditional approach for one of the premier football countries. Obviously the badge is based on the England (and London) flag. LAFC in Olde English, and a crown for the queen on top. Prett simple but I like it.

spacer.png

i like the updated NYU logo, takes away alot of the empty space without looking crammed. the kits could be better, if they werent adidas.

the LAFC logo looks good, but i think its just a little flat compared to the NYU logo. try incorporating the Lions more, that would make it better i think.

I may make myself sound like an idiot but doesn't a football club only sponser football, while an athletic club sponsers many diffrent sports. So how can u have it both ways.

Well the football club could be the football part of the athletic club. Just like the rugby part of the athletic club could be called London Athletic Rugby Club or something.

Thanks for the input guys, I was starting to think this was all for nothing.

By Lions do you mean on the city flag?

spacer.png

I like the idea of the league. When you created your teams, what was your bases of "biggest cities"? Geography or football based? Because if so, you kinda forgot one of the biggest soccer nations in Italy. Also, you left out some of the big soccer beds in the world in Croatia, Argentina, Poland, Ukraine. And what's with the name Toronto Canadians? Sounds like a hockey team.

RaptorsJerseySig.gif

DucksJerseySig-1.gif

DinamoJerseySig.gif

Archived