New Nike Undershirts

Royals Insider

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised to learn that Matt Holliday is the Kwisatz Haderach.

Still, it bugs me when official suppliers like Nike can't be bothered to produce uniform elements that comply with a team's official uniforms. If the team's uniform includes an undershirt with brick sleeves, Nike should offer a shirt with brick sleeves, not some kind of black dot-matrix pattern on brick.

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised to learn that Matt Holliday is the Kwisatz Haderach.

Still, it bugs me when official suppliers like Nike can't be bothered to produce uniform elements that comply with a team's official uniforms. If the team's uniform includes an undershirt with brick sleeves, Nike should offer a shirt with brick sleeves, not some kind of black dot-matrix pattern on brick.

I can't tell though...this one might actually conform..

That weird pattern almost appears to stop mid bicep where a sleeve would cover it.

However, something that still bothers me is the collar being red but the main part being grey...that grey is still visible under the uniform.

Has anyone seen these available anywhere?

I've seen the old-style purple undershirts w/ the former D-logo on sale at a Nike outlet outside of Phoenix. After looking online and in stores for the new Sedona red versions that were worn in the regular season, I asked the manager of the team shop at Chase Field whether they were available. She told me Nike won't make them available for "security reasons." Evidently, they're concerned that someone might buy an authentic uniform and impersonate a player. W/o the authentic undershirts, it's harder to pull that off.

Anyway, that's her theory, not mine. If you find 'em somewhere, post a link. I'd like to buy one.

I asked the manager of the team shop at Chase Field whether they were available. She told me Nike won't make them available for "security reasons." Evidently, they're concerned that someone might buy an authentic uniform and impersonate a player. W/o the authentic undershirts, it's harder to pull that off.

:blink:

Riiiiiight.

:blink:

Has anyone seen these available anywhere?

I've seen the old-style purple undershirts w/ the former D-logo on sale at a Nike outlet outside of Phoenix. After looking online and in stores for the new Sedona red versions that were worn in the regular season, I asked the manager of the team shop at Chase Field whether they were available. She told me Nike won't make them available for "security reasons." Evidently, they're concerned that someone might buy an authentic uniform and impersonate a player. W/o the authentic undershirts, it's harder to pull that off.

Anyway, that's her theory, not mine. If you find 'em somewhere, post a link. I'd like to buy one.

Totally makes sense. These undershirts are g9 classified. we're only a g4 right now. makes total sense, someone to impersonate a dbacks player. Though after their showing in the NLCS not sure many people wanna be one for halloween anymore...

Archived