Vikings road uniforms

oldschoolvikings

I wonder what they'd look like with navy pants against the seahawk blue-grey primaries.

I've always wanted to see this as well. Since they use the navy on the sleeves (well, what bit of sleeves there are), I think it'd work well.

Oh yeah?

SEAseahawks-blue-over-navy.jpg

This satisfy your curiosity?

Or...maybe...how about the look I presented in my Seahawks shocker concept so long ago...?

SEAseahawks-neon-green.jpg

*****NOSTALGIA ALERT ~ NOSTALGIA ALERT ~ NOSTALGIA ALERT ~ NOSTALGIA ALERT*****

Just because...

SEAseahawks-oldstyle.jpg

Thank you. That will be all for now...

1. That first combo needs a SILVER helmet and it'll DEFINATELY work.

2. That lime green mess just made my stomach turn. Looks like some took some old Orlando Thunder scraps and sewed them together Frankenstein-like with some Seahawk threads. UGH!!!

3. I actually miss those unis.....just enough to make me wonder why they changed.

I wonder what they'd look like with navy pants against the seahawk blue-grey primaries.

I've always wanted to see this as well. Since they use the navy on the sleeves (well, what bit of sleeves there are), I think it'd work well.

Or...maybe...how about the look I presented in my Seahawks shocker concept so long ago...?

SEAseahawks-neon-green.jpg

There were various reactions at the lime green uni premiere...

1442cdf1f6a727050318637.jpgnot-terrified-712860.jpgshocked.jpg

Actually, they're not THAT bad.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Dude, I like the lime green look, though I'd keep the trim on the pants the same as what you showed in the first picture.

I also very much like the idea of the first picture, but it needs something different for the socks. And some stripes on the socks.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I don't mind because the only two regular season games we wore them was vs the Bills and the Bears last season and we lost both of those games. But i don't think they should abloish them all together just a wear them a few times a season.

moss_moon.gif

I don't mind because the only two regular season games we wore them was vs the Bills and the Bears last season and we lost both of those games. But i don't think they should abloish them all together just a wear them a few times a season.

Maybe, perhaps...with....

...THIS???

MINvikings-yellow.jpg

^_^

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

...THIS???

MINvikings-yellow.jpg

^_^

Yes. They NEED to do that.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

...THIS???

MINvikings-yellow.jpg

^_^

Is it wrong that i love this.

i mean that yellow jersey with their white pants and purple socks may look amazing!

..now tell me how much of a dumb idea it is.....

You've just answered your own question.

With the white pants, they're beautiful. As monos, they look like wetsuits.

They look just fine.

With dark jerseys and white pants, they looked goofy. And, just about everyone knew it.

What ? I suppose the Eagles, Redskins, Titans, etc look GOOFY in their dark jerseys with white pants. They need to wear the white pants with the blue jerseys....need contrast. At the very least, wear that combo every once in a while. Very tired of the all blue all the time.................................

...THIS???

MINvikings-yellow.jpg

^_^

That is freaking beautiful! Great photoshop work too!

God thats like...uhhh....beautiful.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Wow.

Can somebody photoshop that gold jersey with the white pants?

Here you go:

MINvikingsyellowoverwhite.jpg

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

What ? I suppose the Eagles, Redskins, Titans, etc look GOOFY in their dark jerseys with white pants. They need to wear the white pants with the blue jerseys....need contrast. At the very least, wear that combo every once in a while. Very tired of the all blue all the time.................................

I didn't say that they shouldn't wear the blue pants with the white jerseys. They should once-in-a-while. Its a solid look too.

Again, we saw the blue jerseys with white pants combo, and for whatever reason, just didn't look right for the Hawks.

I think it totally depends on the team, the color of the jersey, etc. Baltimore looks god-awful in all-dark, for example, but I agree that the Seahawks looked weird while wearing white pants with their home jersey.

I know I should hate that yellow idea for the Vikings... it's so wrong... and yet, it looks good. Part of it is how the yellow socks help frame it. It works a lot better with the purple pants than the white pants.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Normally I don't like monochrome, but I think for the Seahawks it works... at least better than the white pants did.

That old Seahawks pic looks better than ever, though. But I'd argue they have established their own identity much better now. There's a lot of blue and silver. Now they are unique. For the Seahawks, I think it works.

Wow.

Can somebody photoshop that gold jersey with the white pants?

That never would work, unless (maybe) they used a white helmet. I hate seeing teams wear yellow or gold shirts and white pants, because they're both light colors and need dark contrast.

I actually liked the yellow Vikings jersey alternate with the purple helmet and pants though. That would be cool to see a couple times a year.

They actually were suppose to wear the dark jerseys and white pants(the Seahawks) and they did in their first home preseason game against the Chiefs but they had a problem with the pants before the regular season started something about them ripping or something. So for their first home regular season game they wore all blue they won the players liked them and then that was that. They looked quite nice(blue/white) when they first unveiled them as all blue was'nt even an option. It's too bad but now that they are very beatable at home maybe they will switch it up out of some reverse psychology. BTW the Saints came to their senses and went back to the gold pants and maybe they will stick with now that they got a win. DEATH TO THE SAINTS BLACK PANTS! I also think the Seahawks would look good with a jersey that has Navy as it's main color and Seahawk Blue on the sleeves / Seahawk Blue pants. Can somebody photoshop that?

They actually were suppose to wear the dark jerseys and white pants(the Seahawks) and they did in their first home preseason game against the Chiefs but they had a problem with the pants before the regular season started something about them ripping or something. So for their first home regular season game they wore all blue they won the players liked them and then that was that. They looked quite nice(blue/white) when they first unveiled them as all blue was'nt even an option. It's too bad but now that they are very beatable at home maybe they will switch it up out of some reverse psychology. BTW the Saints came to their senses and went back to the gold pants and maybe they will stick with now that they got a win. DEATH TO THE SAINTS BLACK PANTS! I also think the Seahawks would look good with a jersey that has Navy as it's main color and Seahawk Blue on the sleeves / Seahawk Blue pants. Can somebody photoshop that?

The thing is the Seahawks went with the scuba suits back in 2002, and I doubt many of the players from that team are still playing for them!

I don't mind the Saints wearing black pants with the white jersey at times, but this Monochrome Madness has gotta stop!

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

As a life long Viking fan and uniform buff I am thankful every time I see this Vikes take the field in white pants for away games. The color is too obnoxious, the classic purple pants looked better because they didn't have that bright sheen. If the purple pants were Ohio State style they may work.

Technically, I'm not a lifelong Vikings fan. I've been a Vikings fan since they began in 1961, and I was 5 years old at the time. But that does mean I have been a Vikings fan -- a diehard one at that -- since I can first remember pro football.

And I hate the white plus white look, especially with these uniforms.

I have fond memories of Fran Tarkenton, Bill Brown, Tommy Mason, etc., wearing purple pants back in the early '60s. Those purple pants just looked right on the Vikes back then, much like the navy blue pants just look right on the Chicago Bears when they wear the white jerseys.

Dark pants went out of vogue in the late '60s but are now back. And the Vikings went with a new uniform that makes the purple pants look better on them with the white jerseys.

The white plus white just doesn't look right with these uniforms. They need to wear purple pants with the white jerseys. Some may think this is untraditional for the Vikes, but, as pointed out about the early '60s, they're not quite as untraditional as you may think

Archived