New Vikings Logo

josdin00

Well, I have decided that I'd like to get a little bit better at using vector based graphics programs. Until I made this logo, I had used Corel Draw once before. So, the main purpose of this exercise was to get practice using the program. However, I had created [this wallpaper] a while back, and during the process, had created the swords and shield from scratch. I've wondered since then, if that idea would work as a third logo for the Vikings.

I realize that this logo is a little bit raw, and that is a direct reflection of my vector skills, so I would love some feedback on both the concept itself, and any techniques that I should be using to get better looking output out of corel draw. Thanks for any help you can provide.

VikeShieldLogo.png

Where the purple?

Change the yellow into purple, that will make the logo look better.

Yeah, the color got a bit messed up when I saved it out of corel draw. Like I said, I'm still have a few things to learn. The purple should be brighter now than it was, and a little closer to what I intended.

Where the purple?

Change the yellow into purple, that will make the logo look better.

I think you need to tweak your monitor settings ... there's tons of purple in there.

In fact, maybe a bit too much. I'm finding that, even with the white outline on the MV, they tend to get a little lost in the purple quadrants of the shield. I think this would work better if the shield were simply solid yellow.

Nice work on the swords, however, especially the handles. Those are really well done. I would maybe like to see a bit more of the hilt, though.

I think you should make the "MV" part white.

I think you shold stop contributing to each post with only one sentence. If the MV was made white then the logo could never be used on a white background.

In my opinion, the logo needs a little work. I like how you are trying to use the MV as the basis of the logo but it needs some tweaking. For instance, the handles on the swords look a little too 3-D for a logo, you should maybe drop the shadows off of the swords and go for a simpler look.

I think this has great potential, but don't really think it has an NFL look too it. Keep trying, take a few suggestions and I think you could have a great logo.

Just so everyone can see it, here's the wallpaper I made that I linked to in my original post. (as you can see, I'm a little better with photoshop.)

wallpaperfromthefuryoftzc8.jpg

That's what I was trying to 'logo-ify'. I do have to agree with you, ramsfan, that this probably wouldn't work as a football logo. I'm starting to wonder if I put something else in the middle, if this would work as a hockey crest.

hmm.......

Just so everyone can see it, here's the wallpaper I made that I linked to in my original post. (as you can see, I'm a little better with photoshop.)

wallpaperfromthefuryoftzc8.jpg

THAT...is one hot-ass wallpaper, my friend. I think you've really captured the spirit of a storm and intimidation with the effects in that wallpaper. Hell--I even like the shield logo. (Quick off-question: I, for the life of me, never could identify the font you used in there...what is it?)

As for the logo, it does have potential. I'd like to see where that goes...keep at it!

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || BehanceΒ ||

There are a lot of things I like about this logo, but it's just too busy.

It would probably be a good secondary logo for the Vikes if you just had a gold with white outline V (or white with gold outline V) inside a purple shield.

Good try, though. Like I said, there are lots of things I like about it.

http://img67.imageshack.us/img67/1300/wall...efuryoftzc8.jpg

THAT...is one hot-ass wallpaper, my friend. I think you've really captured the spirit of a storm and intimidation with the effects in that wallpaper. Hell--I even like the shield logo. (Quick off-question: I, for the life of me, never could identify the font you used in there...what is it?)

As for the logo, it does have potential. I'd like to see where that goes...keep at it!

The font is one I found on dafont called 'stonehenge'.

http://www.dafont.com/stonehenge.font

...as far as work on the logo goes, I'm still trying to come up with a solution to the shading problem. Without shading on the sword and handles, they just don't work. However, it's not balancing with the fact that there's no shading on the shield. Well, there's a solution. Put some shading on the shield. Except, how do you realistically shade a flat object? I haven't come up with an answer to that one yet, other than to break the 'no gradients' rule (and I'm not about to post that here).

Thanks for the feedback, everyone. I'm gonna keep at this one. If anyone else has some good suggestions for it, please keep posting them.

Archived