Official thread of all Global Sporting Events, Leagues, and Seasons.

fiasco!

So, who's heard of this hot prospect the Atlantis Braves have picked up for their Blernsball team? Hank Aaron XXIV's been tearing it up in the minors, so he's sure to be a slam dunk in Major League Blernsball.

It's going to be a three-way battle for gridiron supremacy this season, with the Gotham Knights, Metropolis Metros and Midway City Cardinals all capable of taking home the trophy.

The race for pro basketball's title will come down to four teams: the Gotham Gators, Metropolis Generals, Midway Sprints and Star City Thunder.

On the ice, the Keystone City Combines, Metropolis Mammoths and Midway Wolverines are the best teams pro hockey has to offer.

As the 2007 World Series fast approaches, I'm prepared to make my picks for the teams to watch in 2008. In the AL, I like the Gotham Eagles, Metropolis Monarchs and Star City Rockets. In the NL, look for the Gotham Goliaths, Metropolis Meteors and Midway City Chiefs to excel.

Oh... you heard it hear first: In the 31st Century, Rokk Krinn of Braal is a mortal lock to take top honors in both the team and singles competitions of Magno-Ball at the Cosmic Games.

Discuss freely.

Except bocci. Never discuss bocci.

DaVinci Bocce Club's defeat of Taylor's Wrecking Crew at last year's open was a match for the ages.

Well it's a good thing you weren't discussing bocci. If you were, the end would be nigh.

It's where I sit.

Oh freakin' great. Another "official" thread. At least you have more than 20 posts and a sense of humor about it.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

It's going to be a three-way battle for gridiron supremacy this season, with the Gotham Knights, Metropolis Metros and Midway City Cardinals all capable of taking home the trophy.

The race for pro basketball's title will come down to four teams: the Gotham Gators, Metropolis Generals, Midway Sprints and Star City Thunder.

On the ice, the Keystone City Combines, Metropolis Mammoths and Midway Wolverines are the best teams pro hockey has to offer.

As the 2007 World Series fast approaches, I'm prepared to make my picks for the teams to watch in 2008. In the AL, I like the Gotham Eagles, Metropolis Monarchs and Star City Rockets. In the NL, look for the Gotham Goliaths, Metropolis Meteors and Midway City Chiefs to excel.

Oh... you heard it hear first: In the 31st Century, Rokk Krinn of Braal is a mortal lock to take top honors in both the team and singles competitions of Magno-Ball at the Cosmic Games.

Did Kanjar Ro ever turn pro, or is he still suiting up for Team Dhor?

Welcome to DrunjFlix

As absolute dictator on the planet Dhor, Kanjar Ro systematically imprisoned or killed all of the Magno-Ball players who possessed skills which exceeded his own. As a result, Team Dhor was soon left with just one active player - Ro. Unable to round-out the Team Dhor roster through the recruitment of players from planets including Alstair, Llarr, Mosteel, Rann and Thanagar, Kanjar Ro's interests turned from sports to music.

Today, Kanjar Ro is one of the universe's foremost Gamma Gong players. Unfortunately, given his desire to bask in the adulation of subordinates, the Gamma Gong's propensity for rendering living beings motionless has proven most frustrating for the megalomaniacal musician. After all, a motionless audience cannot applaud - a source of much consternation for Ro.

Hmm, so who's going to win the Grayson Series this year? Methinks the newcomers from Steadholder Harrington's county will take the series, no?

Uber-cookies to the person who gets this reference...

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

As absolute dictator on the planet Dhor, Kanjar Ro systematically imprisoned or killed all of the Magno-Ball players who possessed skills which exceeded his own. As a result, Team Dhor was soon left with just one active player - Ro. Unable to round-out the Team Dhor roster through the recruitment of players from planets including Alstair, Llarr, Mosteel, Rann and Thanagar, Kanjar Ro's interests turned from sports to music.

Today, Kanjar Ro is one of the universe's foremost Gamma Gong players. Unfortunately, given his desire to bask in the adulation of subordinates, the Gamma Gong's propensity for rendering living beings motionless has proven most frustrating for the megalomaniacal musician. After all, a motionless audience cannot applaud - a source of much consternation for Ro.

I heard that Dona Jeetim, a Gamma Gong referee, was suspended for fixing matches.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Does anyone know a good site for stats on the Aztec Tlachtli League? I'm trying to decide whether I should pick up Quetzlcoatl for my fantasy team this week. I hear he's below his usual season severed head average.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Does anyone know a good site for stats on the Aztec Tlachtli League? I'm trying to decide whether I should pick up Quetzlcoatl for my fantasy team this week. I hear he's below his usual season severed head average.

Huitzilopochtli is the leading rookie heart-eater for the season. Strangely enough, he's only on 45% of all Fantasy Tlachtli teams!

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Hmm, so who's going to win the Grayson Series this year? Methinks the newcomers from Steadholder Harrington's county will take the series, no?

I like the team from Mayhew Steading, myself. Then again, Burdette Steading's nine could shock them both.

Wow! Look at the time! I have to run or I'm going to be late for my Coup de vitesse class. Plus, I still have to pack for my grav skiing trip with Honor Harrington.

Yet his sister, Kanjar Ru, is the ultimate team player, as shown by her assist totals for last year as a member of the WNBA's Connecitcut Suns (playing under her earthen alias, Lindsay Whalen).

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I like the team from Mayhew Steading, myself. Then again, Burdette Steading's nine could shock them both.

Wow! Look at the time! I have to run or I'm going to be late for my Coup de vitesse class. Plus, I still have to pack for my grav skiing trip with Honor Harrington.

You get uber cookies for that one Brian. Nice to see someone else appreciated good pulp sci-fi! :D

Of course, after your coup de vitesse class, we should catch the Interstellar Cup Qualifier between Manticore and Gryphon. Quite the local derby. B)

I'm excited about the Animalympics this year. Remember last time when that Goat and that Lion crossed the finish line of the marathon together holding hands?

Yeah, that was dumb.

All I know is, the Calimari Bros. better win the damn bobsled event this year.

Archived