USC-UCLA both in dark jerseys this year?

hecticbro

I did a couple searches to see if this topic had been brought up and didn't find anything.

Anyway, I was listening to the radio a week or two ago in the middle of the night and they had some psychic on as the guest. He said that for this season's UCLA-USC game, both teams would be wearing their home jerseys and that Pete Carroll would be promising to only use two time outs in the first half (because the visiting team is penalized if they don't show up in the proper uniforms) to make it fair for all.

Anybody know if there's truth to this, or was he just making stuff up?

It seems pretty silly to sacrifice something as important as a time-out just so teams can wear a certain color of jersey. If they can't stop the clock on a last-minute drive because of this, I doubt the fans will say "it's OK, at least both teams were in their darks."

Yeah, it may look cool if both teams are in dark jerseys, but is it really worth affecting the course of the game?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Alabama and Tennessee inquired to the NCAA about doing this for their series several years ago. They were informed that not only would there be a penalty of a loss of timeout in the first half, but there would also be a substantial fine for blatant disregard of NCAA rules. FYI.

Alabama and Tennessee inquired to the NCAA about doing this for their series several years ago. They were informed that not only would there be a penalty of a loss of timeout in the first half, but there would also be a substantial fine for blatant disregard of NCAA rules. FYI.

so its safe

to say the team depicted here lost a TO and give a hefty fine then?

large_rutg2L.jpg

I believe that he is talking about the NCAA rule that states that only team is allowed to wear a dark jersey in a game. Yellow, however, is considered as both a "dark" color and a "light" color to the NCAA.

w/ that said is that shade of orange Tennessee uses is light enough to pull it off?

I wonder if that sustantial fine would have been due to the fact that the teams asked first and were specifically denied their request. Situations like this seem to fall under that adage "Better to ask forgiveness after the fact than permission before the fact."

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

That's an interesting rivalry logo.

The NCAA usually shies away from alcohol sponsors.

Considering the inhuman amounts of alcohol consumed on college campuses, especially by the football teams, I think it's entirely appropriate for an alcohol sponsor for college games. So what if 3/4 of the team is underage? :rolleyes:

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

so its safe

large_rutg2L.jpg

I'm pretty sure yellow or gold can count as legitimate road jersey colors. If not, they should.

And Tennesse and Alabama tried this? I wouldn't think that would work, since orange and red are a bit too close.

so its safe

large_rutg2L.jpg

I'm pretty sure yellow or gold can count as legitimate road jersey colors. If not, they should.

And Tennesse and Alabama tried this? I wouldn't think that would work, since orange and red are a bit too close.

Tennessee's orange is closer to yellow than it is orange. Almost creamsicle-ish.

2qluyo7.png

USC and UCLA used to face each other in their home jerseys often:

77404548_o.jpg

The last time was 1981, I think.

Also, Bama and the Vols played in solid home jerseys often back in the 1960s and 70s as well.

FsQiF2W.png

I did a couple searches to see if this topic had been brought up and didn't find anything.

Anyway, I was listening to the radio a week or two ago in the middle of the night and they had some psychic on as the guest. He said that for this season's UCLA-USC game, both teams would be wearing their home jerseys and that Pete Carroll would be promising to only use two time outs in the first half (because the visiting team is penalized if they don't show up in the proper uniforms) to make it fair for all.

Anybody know if there's truth to this, or was he just making stuff up?

Isn't USC the home team this year, in which case UCLA would have to wear their dark jerseys into the Coliseum and risk loosing a time-out.

Or maybe the psychic is having visions of the 2008 ballgame.

"I still think a tag team of Jimmy B and Melo could kick the :censored: out of Jesus and God."

Syracuse Orangemen

2003 National Champions

Archived