NHL patch sale

OMMF

Sheesh, was this garbage ever actually worn?

66001.jpg

Aside from looking AWFUL, isn't superimposing text or other logos atop the US Flag a big no-no?

Yes....by the Washington Capitals in the 2001-2002 season in honor of 9/11.

And technically you are right about "superimposing"

According to the Flag Code (see below), Section 8g: "The flag should never have placed upon it, nor on any part of it, nor attached to it any mark, insignia, letter, word, figure, design, picture, or drawing of any nature." Section 8: "No disrespect should be shown to the flag of the United States of America." Section 8j: "The flag represents a living country and is itself considered a living thing."

But seriously...who really cared about the patch honoring 9/11? Let that one slide...

WARNING!

River City Sports has the most obscene shipping pricing policies on the internet.

Take the "NHL 2000" patch for example. It's a strip of fabric about 5 inches long and an 1 1/2 tall now selling for $10.75, used to be $21.50. Could easily fit in a paper envelope between two pieces of card stock and be mailed for a fair and reasonable $1. Let's go crazy and put it in a padded bubble mailer and at $4 that would be more than reasonable. Hell, make it $6 if you want. What's River City going to charge you?

$12! To mail what is essentially a bookmark, for a total of $22.75

Now, let's check ebay, shall we?

http://cgi.ebay.com/NHL-2000-Patch_W0QQitemZ330176276266

$8 with shipping! And I bet if you were patient, you could find that particular one for as low as $4 shipped on occasion.

DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM RIVER CITY without first seeing if you can find it on ebay FIRST!

Also, now that all their patches are a whopping 50% off, that on just brings them down to a competitive level with all of the rest of the world since their prices were so high to begin with.

Pick another patch at random - 2003 Stanley Cup Finals patch.

River City, was $47.50, now $23.75. Don't forget the $12 shipping for what is essentially an embroidered drink coaster for a total of $35.75.

Ebay?

Recently completed auctions show WITH SHIPPING $14.95, $12.78 (with a small Devils logo thrown in as well), $14.99, and one seller who will sell you ALL THREE Devils Cup Patches, (1995, 2000 & 2003) for 29.95 plus a whole $2 for shipping for a total of $31.95.

Hmm, I'd rather get 3 patches for $3.80 less.

Yes, they may have some things that just never, ever show up on ebay, but I only buy from them as a last resort and only when I've got a decent sized list of what I absolutely must have. That kind of flat rate shipping policy might be fair if you are buying a jersey or a heavy set of team logo drinking glasses, but to charge those same kinds of rates for a simple patch is either extreme laziness or a calculated ripoff on their part. It's not good business sense, no matter what it is.

Rant over, but they really push my buttons on a topic that matters to me. :mad:

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Speaking of GREAT DEALS... the 1998 St. Louis All-Star Patch is on "sale" for a mere $47.50. A great savings from their normal price of $23.75. I am going to assume the prices should be reversed, but seems to me I was buying these patches for $5 a few years ago at card shows.

1998 St Louis All-Star Patch

BroncosSig.jpg

I haven't bought from RCS in a good 5 or 6 years, once their prices reached a point where they were no better (and in some cases even higher) than the NHL Shop. The shipping is, and always has been, a rip for those who order small items. Every item gets treated like it's a heavyweight, bulky sweater.

$12.50 for a patch? I just paid $18 to have two hoodies shipped. From Australia.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I haven't bought from RCS in a good 5 or 6 years, once their prices reached a point where they were no better (and in some cases even higher) than the NHL Shop. The shipping is, and always has been, a rip for those who order small items. Every item gets treated like it's a heavyweight, bulky sweater.

$12.50 for a patch? I just paid $18 to have two hoodies shipped. From Australia.

Normally, I'd let this one go, but seeing as you're a fellow Illinoisian, I'll help you out because I don't want you to go through life like this. We, as guys, call them "hooded sweatshirts." The fairer sex canm continue to call them "hoodies."

Normally, I'd let this one go, but seeing as you're a fellow Illinoisian, I'll help you out because I don't want you to go through life like this. We, as guys, call them "hooded sweatshirts." The fairer sex canm continue to call them "hoodies."

This from a man who pisses out the window to avoid inconveniencing his girfriend.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Normally, I'd let this one go, but seeing as you're a fellow Illinoisian, I'll help you out because I don't want you to go through life like this. We, as guys, call them "hooded sweatshirts." The fairer sex can continue to call them "hoodies."

This from a man who pisses out the window to avoid inconveniencing his girfriend.

Game, set, match: Sodboy.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZING!

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

postofday.png

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Sheesh, was this garbage ever actually worn?

66001.jpg

Aside from looking AWFUL, isn't superimposing text or other logos atop the US Flag a big no-no?

Yes....by the Washington Capitals in the 2001-2002 season in honor of 9/11.

And technically you are right about "superimposing"

According to the Flag Code (see below), Section 8g: "The flag should never have placed upon it, nor on any part of it, nor attached to it any mark, insignia, letter, word, figure, design, picture, or drawing of any nature." Section 8: "No disrespect should be shown to the flag of the United States of America." Section 8j: "The flag represents a living country and is itself considered a living thing."

But seriously...who really cared about the patch honoring 9/11? Let that one slide...

Wouldn't that mean the U.S. flag couldn't be used in any kind of logos what so ever? That's what it sounds like...

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

[

According to the Flag Code (see below), Section 8g: "The flag should never have placed upon it, nor on any part of it, nor attached to it any mark, insignia, letter, word, figure, design, picture, or drawing of any nature."

Wouldn't that mean the U.S. flag couldn't be used in any kind of logos what so ever? That's what it sounds like...

That's exactly it. By the strict wording of the flag code, Old Glory should never appear on an athletic uniform.

Archived