07 World Series Patch cap

HatManTC

The Rockies were wearing those caps and the NL Champ caps on field during the post-Game 4 celebrations. I remember Hurdle specifically, and I think Corpas too. They still had the bill decal on them too.

The Rockies were wearing those caps and the NL Champ caps on field during the post-Game 4 celebrations. I remember Hurdle specifically, and I think Corpas too. They still had the bill decal on them too.

hmm I think thats the first time they wore them during the celebration. That means they probably need new ones for the series because they must of gotten champagne on them no?

Also why does the outline need to be so thick. If they made it half the size it is now it would look twice as sharp.

the initial view makes the logo much smaller than past years, then you see that its as giant as always.

ws-caps.jpg

it may be difficult due to the detail, but id like to see the trophy, ala NBA finals.

Don't you think all of the flags/pennants on the trophy will be too hard to reporduce in stitching when they reduce the size? I bet thats why they don't do it. If the NFL is trying to reduce the '24' stars on their logo to '8' because of problems they have when reproducing their shield on various media, don't you think that trying to reproduce a trophy with MORE than 24 pennants will result in the same problem? The reason why the NBA and NFL use their trophies so prominently in logos is because you can reduce the size of the trophies to the miniscule sizes while still being able to identify them.

To be honest with you, I've never liked the World Series trophy. Its too busy looking for me. We used to joke that it looks like someone took a World Series cake and had it cast in gold. It looks like its going to fall apart as people lift it up.

Don't you think all of the flags/pennants on the trophy will be too hard to reporduce in stitching when they reduce the size? I bet thats why they don't do it.

I haven't held one of the WS caps in my hand, but IIRC, in past years the WS logo has not been embroidered on, but rather printed on some sort of felt patch and glued on. If that is still the case, you'd think they'd be able to use very detailed shapes.

hmm I think thats the first time they wore them during the celebration. That means they probably need new ones for the series because they must of gotten champagne on them no?

Also why does the outline need to be so thick. If they made it half the size it is now it would look twice as sharp.

The Tigers wore them during their post-clinch celbration last year as well.

I don't remember how many Sox players wore them in 05 when they beat the Angels, but I am pretty sure Ozzie Guillen had one on i the press conference.

I like that trophy logo as a patch... not sure it would work on a hat. In fact, I don't think they should ever put patches on the caps. Not a fan of the look.

However, something simpler that gives a nod to the "pennant" days might work. A blue or red pennant with "NL 2007" or "AL 2007" -- or even just "2007" would be about as much as I could tolerate.

I just think that "pennant" is a piece of baseball history that is getting lost on a younger generation, especially with caps that say "League Champions" now. I just picture a kid someday having no idea what "The Giants win the pennant" means when he hears that call.

With MLB now trying to own "postseason" over "playoffs," I think this would be another way to differentiate itself while still honoring its history. And make the cap less cluttered, too.

I can see it now... "There's only one postseason... There's only one National League pennant..."

I just think that "pennant" is a piece of baseball history that is getting lost on a younger generation, especially with caps that say "League Champions" now. I just picture a kid someday having no idea what "The Giants win the pennant" means when he hears that call.

With MLB now trying to own "postseason" over "playoffs," I think this would be another way to differentiate itself while still honoring its history. And make the cap less cluttered, too.

I can see it now... "There's only one postseason... There's only one National League pennant..."

You're right. The biggest reason it lost it's 'umph' was the extension of the playoffs. Teams battled all year to win the 'pennant' and go to the World Series. Now its a bunch of division champs, a couple of wild card teams and a whole month of overblown playoff games to decide who gets to play in the WS.

I will say that extending the playoffs was indeed a smart thing for TV. They're even talking about creating an even longer playoff system in the future. That would be painful.

the initial view makes the logo much smaller than past years, then you see that its as giant as always.

ws-caps.jpg

it may be difficult due to the detail, but id like to see the trophy, ala NBA finals.

Don't you think all of the flags/pennants on the trophy will be too hard to reporduce in stitching when they reduce the size? I bet thats why they don't do it. If the NFL is trying to reduce the '24' stars on their logo to '8' because of problems they have when reproducing their shield on various media, don't you think that trying to reproduce a trophy with MORE than 24 pennants will result in the same problem?

The last hat patch that was actually stitched was the Marlins/Yankees 03 WS patch. They changed to the felt material for patches during the 04 season. And the thing is, the material used on the patches is the same material that is used on this years new BP jerseys. None of it is stitched.

Archived