NBA Europe

kc51design

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ks-e...o&type=lgns

based on this article what do you think 6 teams would be, what would be the nicknames and uniforms.

For the cities I would pick Milano, Paris, Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid and Athens. England is not big on basketball so that excludes London. Those 6 cities are from 5 countries in Europe that have bigest basketball following and are big market teams.

As for the nickanmes:

Madrid Bears (city coat of arms, as Bulls are already taken to simbolise Spain, but could go with Toros)

Barcelona Donkeys (the Catalan answer on Spanish Bull is Donkey)

Athens Spartans (that would be oxymmoron, as spartans fought against Athenians) or Trojans

Berlin (they also have Bear in city coat of arms)

Paris Towers

Milano ????

I always thought if you moved the NBADL to Europe it would be very succesful and help develop a lot more European talent. Also I think it would be a could idea to put a team in one of the slavic countries.

That's a good idea.

That would easily solve all the scheduling problems that would arise, and also bring the NBADL's value way up, as that league seems to have a hard time.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

this reminds me of AAO's concept project of NBA Europe...

i hope he doesnt mind, but here's some links:

Paris Reign

London Glory

Munich Warhawks

Madrid Matadors

maybe in lieu of this topic, he'll renew the project :rolleyes:

Conrad, those are brilliant logos, I love them. And the idea of NBADL in Europe would be great, I can see that happening much quicker then NBA getting a European expansion. Although who would watch NBADL league when Euroleague would be better in quality than that league.

Yes those are mine, and I should continue it. If the NBA ever did adopt a league in Europe, boy I'd send those logos right to the front office and see what they'd have to offer. Can't wait to see if the NBA Euro league really unravels.

I WOULD GO WITH THE

PARIS HILTONS

BUT THEY WOULD PROBABLY SUCK

[style nazi] The way that you type is an interesting (read ridiculous) combination of the look of garygorilla's posts and Angel 1680's use of ALL CAPS and lack of punctuation. I would suggest that you try to type like a normal person. [/style nazi]

Now, onto the actual point of this thread: kc51, are you asking us to create the jerseys and logos? Or are you just stating this idea for fun? Either way, there's not a whole lot of concept going on.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

Now, onto the actual point of this thread: kc51, are you asking us to create the jerseys and logos? Or are you just stating this idea for fun? Either way, there's not a whole lot of concept going on.

No, I'm not asking anything. I just found an article about NBA Europe and tought some guys who put concepts just for fun could give it a go for some concepts that might have some future. If I had time on my hands I would submit few of my own. If you think it's wrong topic or anything just close the topic.

Well, I read earlier that someone suggested or poseted Berlin Bears. As far as I know, I believe Berlin's pro hockey team is either the Bears or a kind of Bear. So I dont think that Bears would work. I do think that the logos posted here are professional, A+++ work. But the uniforms say that theyve got a little too much on. Maybe simplifiy the uniforms just a bit and you have a perfect concept.

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

realsaltlake.pngsaltlake-1.png

No, I'm not asking anything. I just found an article about NBA Europe and tought some guys who put concepts just for fun could give it a go for some concepts that might have some future. If I had time on my hands I would submit few of my own. If you think it's wrong topic or anything just close the topic.

That is asking for us to create the concepts, though. If you don't have the time (or just don't care enough) to make them yourself, then why should we?

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

I don't think we need the hundredth colonization from the States. Our basketball is very good already and some of our top teams can compete with most of the NBA franchises. A lot of European players, in the last few years, can prove that our basketaball has develop at a very good point. But if it's a matter of money, that's another count.

I always thought if you moved the NBADL to Europe it would be very succesful and help develop a lot more European talent. Also I think it would be a could idea to put a team in one of the slavic countries.

How much more European talent needs developing? And is the NBA really the means by which to develop it?

The NBA gets more and more world-class talent from Europe (Asia and South America as well, in smaller numbers) with every passing year. Eurobasket is a top-flight league, and the club teams that comprise it all do better jobs cultivating youth talent than the American system of coddling AAU "elite" squads made up of individually brilliant athletes who fail to grasp the concept of a team game, pause for a year of NCAA ball to get their faces on SportsCenter and build more self-serving hype, then flame out in the Association? And I haven't even mentioned the talent being stockpiled and developed on the European national teams, where guys play together throughout the year for years at a time.

The rest of the world caught up to us by doing it a different way, a better way. Letting the NBA set up shop in Europe wouldn't help European basketball. Not even a little bit.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived