Thanks Art!

fiasco!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not such a great logo, in my opinion.

Graphical problem: The "A" looks odd not centered.

Typographical problem: The "F" in "of" should not be lowercase. If they wanted to follow one very common convention with small words, they should have put the entire word "of" in lowercase. Best of all, they should have left it all in uppercase.

Punctuation problem: They forgot the comma after "thanks".

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

I appreciate everyone's eagerness to tell us Cleveland fans to get over it, but I'll get it over it when I'm damn-well ready to. You will never know what it's like until it actually happens to your team.

BTW, I am over it. ^_^:P

Hijack over. :) Logo not that great.

browns-sm.gifitaly.gif

I would like to also point out that Uncle Artie not only moved the Browns but he first soured many Cleveland fans when he essentially fired Paul Brown. That's right the guy whom started the team, is the team's namesake, and is responsible for much of the modern state of on the field pro. football- taxi squads, facemasks, radio communication to on field players, and a protege for hundreds of head coaches down the lines.

This isn't simply getting over a player who left for free agency or a coach who left for a different job so we can be bitter if we darn well please!

In that same vein I was talking with a Rockies fan the other day at work saying how I hope can pay you back for the heartache your city caused us in '87 and '88 and I was met with a blank stare.

Think about we have tons to be bitter about. Many of the plays that are used on those copywrite messages from the pro leagues involve infamous Cleveland losses- Willie Mays over the shoulder catch (Vic Wertz' shot would have been out of any other major league ballpark damn Polo Grounds), Jordan's shot over Ehlo, The Drive, The Fumble, Mesa blowing the '97 World Series.

If you had to endure all of that then have LeBron wear a Yankess hat at an Indians game you'd be pissed as well!!!!!

fade.gif

That's right the guy whom started the team, is the team's namesake, and is responsible for much of the modern state of on the field pro. football- taxi squads, facemasks, radio communication to on field players, and a protege for hundreds of head coaches down the lines.

...and boring uniforms. :D

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

I would like to also point out that Uncle Artie not only moved the Browns but he first soured many Cleveland fans when he essentially fired Paul Brown. That's right the guy whom started the team, is the team's namesake, and is responsible for much of the modern state of on the field pro. football- taxi squads, facemasks, radio communication to on field players, and a protege for hundreds of head coaches down the lines.

This isn't simply getting over a player who left for free agency or a coach who left for a different job so we can be bitter if we darn well please!

In that same vein I was talking with a Rockies fan the other day at work saying how I hope can pay you back for the heartache your city caused us in '87 and '88 and I was met with a blank stare.

Think about we have tons to be bitter about. Many of the plays that are used on those copywrite messages from the pro leagues involve infamous Cleveland losses- Willie Mays over the shoulder catch (Vic Wertz' shot would have been out of any other major league ballpark damn Polo Grounds), Jordan's shot over Ehlo, The Drive, The Fumble, Mesa blowing the '97 World Series.

If you had to endure all of that then have LeBron wear a Yankess hat at an Indians game you'd be pissed as well!!!!!

The Red Sox just called....they said: "Cleveland Sports fans should stop being wussies, you'll have something big to celebrate in about 2 weeks. It could be worse, you could be Cubs fans"

:P...couldn't help myself

I could walk to the festivities from my house in about 5 minutes. Anyone in Ohio want to send a cash donation for my ticket so I can pass along their best wishes?

:P

*ducks to avoid fruits and vegetables*

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

As a general fan of the NFL I think what Art Modell was spiteful and totaly inmature. I can't wait untill the day times get tough in Baltimore(beacuse, guess what, they will). I bet the guy packs up and moves again.

A cruddy logo for a cruddy owner, nice fit.

Hate to say it... but seeing fans of the Packers and Cubs telling Browns fans to "get over it" is sending my hypocrisy alarm into overdrive.

Could you imaging the riots in Green Bay and Chicago if either one of those teams tried to move?

Archived