Rebranding the NHL: San Jose Sharks

GFB

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks like he's sealing more than just your logo bud!

alt_01.jpg

wordmark_02.jpg

sabres.png

I believe Marty had permission from JS to use those. Don't quote me on that though I'm not 100% positive that was the case.

It reminds me of a BMX helment.

Why would you say that? It looks like a goalie helmet..

445.jpg

ChromeBMX.jpg

Okay, well obviously you are a hockey fan so I assumed you have seen a GOALIE helmet before. Just seemed like a pointless post.

Okay, well obviously you are a hockey fan so I assumed you have seen a GOALIE helmet before. Just seemed like a pointless post.

Oddly enough I have never seen a goalie mask without the cage on it before

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

Definitely better, particularly the shark. the curves flow a lot better in this version, however, i'm not feeling the triangle shape. The front fins still feel a bit funny, since they are almost falling forward instead of sweeping back - does any of that make sense?

Yep... you think if I bring the front edge of the fins a little farther up the body and at less steep of an angle it would fix it?

I like the new one better but the old one wasn't bad. Are you going to do the whole set again with this new logo?

Well, I was 17 when I made the original logos... so I don't know if I'll redo all the logos, but I did make a full-body shark... I'll put that one up tonight.

I have to say I think I prefer this version, because (and it might just be because it's been distorted) the discrepancy between the width of the shark and the width of the black corner seems reduced. In the original version you did the shark seemed to just balloon in width after you got past the side fins so that the top corner could be solid black and I really disliked that. It looked really forced and to be frank it was ugly and ruined what could have been a really successful mark to my eye. It would have been a simple fix, just enlarge the shark until the two parts match better and it appears that's what you may have done here.

Also much prefer the colours of the new version. look forward to seeing the full body shark when it's done.

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

Archived