LEWJ's NFL Field Concepts

LEWJ

I started from scratch with this. I tried making it look traditional yet modern. I put the AFC logo in the end zones to make it look traditional. And I went with a more modern font, to match the logo better.

[out of date]

C&C please

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

'Salright. Nothing earthshaking, and the Bills would probably be more likely to use their actual team wordmark in the end zones.

The NFL would likely frown on using the out-of-date conference insignias as well. Furthermore, it's kinda jarring to use the current helmet with an out-of-date conference logo and a wordmark they've never used. If you want to go the throwback route, I'd consider the standing buffalo helmet or the white helmet with the modern buffalo. Either way, nothing agrees here.

And as a courtesy: why not combine all of these field concepts into one thread? These don't take long to churn out, and I could unfortunately see the first page of this board full of field concepts, all done by you, all fairly derivative of one another and somewhat predictable. (By comparison, OB33's field concepts were usually well outside the conventional; it was much harder to guess what he'd do from one team to the next.) That's unfair to other people trying to get their concepts some looks.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

'Salright. Nothing earthshaking, and the Bills would probably be more likely to use their actual team wordmark in the end zones.

The NFL would likely frown on using the out-of-date conference insignias as well. Furthermore, it's kinda jarring to use the current helmet with an out-of-date conference logo and a wordmark they've never used. If you want to go the throwback route, I'd consider the standing buffalo helmet or the white helmet with the modern buffalo. Either way, nothing agrees here.

And as a courtesy: why not combine all of these field concepts into one thread? These don't take long to churn out, and I could unfortunately see the first page of this board full of field concepts, all done by you, all fairly derivative of one another and somewhat predictable. (By comparison, OB33's field concepts were usually well outside the conventional; it was much harder to guess what he'd do from one team to the next.) That's unfair to other people trying to get their concepts some looks.

Is there a new conference logo that I am not ware of? Because that is the only one I've ever seen used. And I don't know how much of my intro you actually comprehended:

a more modern font, to match the logo better

Is there a new conference logo that I am not aware of?

No. My mistake. Scratch that.

Because that is the only one I've ever seen used. And I don't know how much of my intro you actually comprehended:
a more modern font, to match the logo better

Oh, I got it. But italicized City doesn't really enhance the Bills' look any more than their current wordmark does. Italicizing something doesn't necessarily mean it matches the logo better.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I have two ideas I owul like to see implemented.

1. On the astroturf the Bills sported at Rich Stadium during the Super Bowl years of the early 90's, the Bills had the AFC and NFL logos at the 25 yard lines inside white circles. Even though I was never a Bills fan, I always loved that touch to the field and I feel that should be on your concept...as a nod to the glourious non-titled filled past of the Bills.

2. Just out of pure craziness....make the entire field BLUE, a la Boise State!

NYCdog.png

Browns:

So my inspiration for this is the Browns use of the "checkerboard" pattern. They use it on the endzone walls, and field goal post, from what I've seen. They used it a lot as well last year during the "Celebrating 60 SYears of Football." So I decided to go with the checkerboard for the endddzones. It might be a little overkill, but I think it could work. I also put "Brownie" at midfield, and changed the "redzone stripes." I really like how this came out. Some of you might not though.

clevbrowns.png

clevbrowns2.png

clevbrowns3.png

C&C Please

Archived