Interesting Teemu Sleänne jersey discovery

spyboy1

I recently got a 1996 Finnish National jersey, the "waving flag" style worn in the first World Cup, and had been planning on making that into a Selänne #8 with the World Cup patch on it, similar to my Russian, Swedish, Czech, American and Canadian 96 World Cup jerseys, and then....

In an interesting and totally unexpected development while doing some research, I find a youtube video of the best 5 goals of the 1996 World Championships, where they wore the same style jerseys, featuring good ol' Teemu wearing #88.

#88!

How cool would that be? Even better, I could add some large black "Warsteiner" sponsorship patches to the shoulders that would really stand out.

There's the dilemma, add a missing jersey to the 1996 World Cup Collection, or have a really unique Selänne jersey.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

I recently got a 1996 Finnish National jersey, the "waving flag" style worn in the first World Cup, and had been planning on making that into a Sleänne #8 with the World Cup patch on it, similar to my Russian, Swedish, Czech, American and Canadian 96 World Cup jerseys, and then....

In an interesting and totally unexpected development while doing some research, I find a youtube video of the best 5 goals of the 1997 World Championships, where they continued to wear the same style jerseys, featuring good ol' Teemu wearing #88.

#88!

How cool would that be? Even better, I could add some large black "Warsteiner" sponsorship patches to the shoulders that would really stand out.

There's the dilemma, add a missing jersey to the 1996 World Cup Collection, or have a really unique Sleänne jersey.

I'll post a link to the video when I get home. Youtube is blocked here at the office...

SPELL CHECK: Selänne, not Sleänne. I know you know this - no one else would have gone so far as to add the dieresis over the "a". But you've done it twice already in this thread. I'd hate to see you go to all that trouble and have an error like that.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I recently got a 1996 Finnish National jersey, the "waving flag" style worn in the first World Cup, and had been planning on making that into a Sleänne #8 with the World Cup patch on it, similar to my Russian, Swedish, Czech, American and Canadian 96 World Cup jerseys, and then....

In an interesting and totally unexpected development while doing some research, I find a youtube video of the best 5 goals of the 1997 World Championships, where they continued to wear the same style jerseys, featuring good ol' Teemu wearing #88.

#88!

There's the dilemma, add a missing jersey to the 1996 World Cup Collection, or have a really unique Sleänne jersey.

I'll post a link to the video when I get home. Youtube is blocked here at the office...

SPELL CHECK: Selänne, not Sleänne. I know you know this - no one else would have gone so far as to add the dieresis over the "a". But you've done it twice already in this thread. I'd hate to see you go to all that trouble and have an error like that.

And in a totally unrelated note...

...how in the world DO YOU add the dieresis over the "a"--or enter any special character, for that matter--with a PC? It's easy to do on a Mac. (I just happen to be fortunate enough to own a Mac desktop and a PC laptop.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

#88!

And in a totally unrelated note...

...how in the world DO YOU add the dieresis over the "a"--or enter any special character, for that matter--with a PC? It's easy to do on a Mac. (I just happen to be fortunate enough to own a Mac desktop and a PC laptop.)

Accessories -> System Tools -> Character Map.

Gives you all the special characters you'll ever need, plus Hebrew, Cyrillic, and Arabic in some fonts.

And Spyboy, you can never own enough jerseys with accent marks. A Šarūnas Marčiulionis is at the top of my "gotta have" jersey list.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

I suppose if I got his name spelled wrong on the damn jersey it would really be unique then. Sheesh. <_<

By the way, the video link is now in my first post, along with a spelling correction of Teemu's name.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Archived