PILLBOX FASHION HATS!

cappital92

If they were the actual cut of pillboxes, I'd be so all over a Rangers one.

I'd buy a Brewers pillbox in a second. Given the popularity of cadet caps, I'm surprised that they don't sell them.

I would buy like a ton of pillbox caps. Nats, Twins, Brewers modern, possibly others, and if they made a Phillies cap that was close enough to the pillbox cap the Phils sported in 1976, I'd buy one of those too just in case I ever meet Mike Schmidt (though I wouldn't admit having bought a Phillies cap).

I've said it before and I'll say it again: At least one team in each league needs to adopt pillbox caps. Pirates get first crack at it, but if not them, then the Reds. I mean, their freakin' alternate logo wears a pillbox cap. In the AL? How about the White Sox, Athletics, or Rangers? Or the Royals, just to help that team look less like a Dodgers Triple-A franchise.

20082614447.png

A pillbox hat without rings is called a panel hat.

The presence of "rings" or "stripes" has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not a piece of headwear is a pillbox hat. The term "pillbox" refers to the hat's shape, not whether it features rings/stripes.

That said, the hats you linked to in your original post are nothing more than hideous bastardizations of true baseball pillbox caps.

They're still the best fashion hats I've seen yet.

"That's the nicest dog turd i've ever stepped in!"

Archived