Sign in to follow this  
jus2damcrazey219

Heartbreaking Personal Sports Testimonials

Hey, I don't if anything has been started up on the board like this but since I haven't seen one, I thought would be cool to start a testimonal post for a heartbreaking/gutwrenching stories of your agony caused because of a team who supports' loss or even flip-side the joy of a team's victory.

If you don't understand, I'll start. If you look at my avatar, It's obvious I'm a Mets fan (see the Mr.Met). Well being a Mets fan, I have the unfortunate task of going to school/interning in Philadelphia. So we all the Phillies won the division and the Mets collapsed (sorry Tank). So I wasn't that mad because it just Sports and I tried to start a coping process. So right I'm interning in Philly across the street from City Hall. So the next day, I come in to work and believe me or not, they're a preparing a Phillies playoff rally across the street from my job. All my co-workers were talking about it and for the next three days, all I saw was Phillies red shirts, division champs shirts, and the pesky hats all over the city. That left a bad taste in mouth. :evil:

I'm a huge bears fan and moved to Indianapolis in April.

Pretty much enough said. But the super bowl trophy made its rounds around Indy and they brought it to our work with Peyton Manning, tony Dungy, Adam Viniteri and Jeff Saturday. That was a lovely day of work for me and my fellow bears fan.

I also lived in Chicago for awhile as a St. Louis Cardinals fan. Nothing specific except at work hearing about every single loss and even hearing "sweep!" 2 years after the 04 world series. Even after the Cardinals won it all last year...