ROX vs. SOX

Mac the Knife

The Rockies incredible hot streak aside, this series has all the trappings of the "No way the little guy beats the big guy" championship match-up. It reminds me of the 2001 NFL season. There was no way New England was going to beat the mighty Rams in the Super Bowl.

The Rockies have everyone outside "Red Sox Nation" pulling for them. They play great fundamental baseball. They're on an all time hot streak. They have been THE feel good story of baseball this season. Every thing in the world points to a Rockies upset.

Sadly, I don't think it will happen. I'm pulling for The Rockies but Boston is going to be tough to beat after an 8 day layoff for Colorado. My heart says Rockies but my wallet is betting Red Sox. The Red Sox win easily. 5 games tops. (I hope to God I am wrong.)

BB52Big.jpg

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I for one will not be watching. I was hoping for a Tribe/Rockies series just so it could compete for worst world series matchup ever.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

The Rockies incredible hot streak aside, this series has all the trappings of the "No way the little guy beats the big guy" championship match-up.

I really hope this happens, but I'm afriad the Rockies won't be able to do it (although I've been wrong about them all along). Rest is never really a good thing in sports. The one good thing going for them is they played really well in Fenway during the season. They also are the team that gave Beckett his worst outing of the season. I really hope they can pull it out, if not red sox fans will find a way to become even more unbearable.

Its really funny how everyone used to feel bad for Red Sox fans and Patriots fans and would root for them (myself included). And then in a matter of 5 years for different reasons, everyone turned the other way. Patriots because of their success, and Red Sox because of the fans.

Its really funny how everyone used to feel bad for Red Sox fans and Patriots fans and would root for them (myself included). And then in a matter of 5 years for different reasons, everyone turned the other way. Patriots because of their success, and Red Sox because of the fans.

.... though, in some cases, I get more annoyed by (or laugh more at) some fans of other teams that often discredit the Pats and Red Sox or any successful team/player for that matter

I saw, I came, I left.

What the Rockies have done is damn impressive... but they ain't played a team like the Red Sox on this streak -- and the Sox are playing some great baseball of their own right now.

Sox in 6... but Beckett closing the deal in game five wouldn't suprise me. Other than defense, and the Red Sox play some damn good defense too, I don't see where the Rockies have an advantage.

Boston's played great over three games. Colorado's been playing great for 22 games, all of them essentially must-win games, against teams with good pitching and/or good hitting. During this run, they've beaten Jake Peavy (twice), Brandon Webb, Cole Hamels, and Brad Penny; and have shut down the Phillies potent lineup and Arizona's pesky lineup along the way.

Don't forget, this same Colorado team beat Beckett in Boston earlier this season, 7-1, and has seen Beckett plenty of times before back when he pitched in Florida.

Colorado in 6.

Good hell, has to be the Rockies.

The Red Sox Nation would be absolutely insufferable if Boston wins. Even more than they already are...

The more people that apparently hate us, the funner this gets. Pile it on.

Well you're now officially the Yankees. Is that fun, to become the thing you've hated for so long? I was actually rooting for the Red Sox to beat the Indians only because Cleveland is hell on earth and I know more obnoxious Indians fans than I know Red Sox fans. But now I'm going to have to root for Colorado.

I hope the Rockies win, and although Denver has had their share of success with the Avalanche and Broncos, the fans are actually somewhat gracious in victory unlike those northeasterners in New England.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Good hell, has to be the Rockies.

The Red Sox Nation would be absolutely insufferable if Boston wins. Even more than they already are...

Well you're now officially the Yankees. Is that fun, to become the thing you've hated for so long? I was actually rooting for the Red Sox to beat the Indians only because Cleveland is hell on earth and I know more obnoxious Indians fans than I know Red Sox fans. But now I'm going to have to root for Colorado.

I hope the Rockies win, and although Denver has had their share of success with the Avalanche and Broncos, the fans are actually somewhat gracious in victory unlike those northeasterners in New England.

Isn't there an adage that goes something along the lines of "to defeat your enemy you must become him"?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I for one will not be watching. I was hoping for a Tribe/Rockies series just so it could compete for worst world series matchup ever.

Why even respond? You must not like baseball, because this is going to be one entertaining series. I hoped for a Cleveland/Colorado series too, but my reason is that I thought it would be fun to see two very fundamentally sound teams play for the championship.

That said, Rockies in 6.

Absolutely right. Hell, I even admit t0 kinda pullin' for the Pats during their first SB win and for the Red Sox during their improbable 2004 run. But now? Can't. It'd be like rooting for the damn Yankees or Manchester United some other big, very popular team that steamrolls thru the competition.

Sox in 6... but Beckett closing the deal in game five wouldn't suprise me. Other than defense, and the Red Sox play some damn good defense too, I don't see where the Rockies have an advantage.

Admit it, you never once thought your boys would be playing a World Series game in your state... must be kind of exciting for you

Actually, I haven't changed my "location" yet on here but I moved to Florida two months ago so I'm frustrated as hell that I don't get to be there because I would certainly made every attempt to go to some games.

What the Rockies have done is damn impressive... but they ain't played a team like the Red Sox on this streak -- and the Sox are playing some great baseball of their own right now.

Boston's played great over three games. Colorado's been playing great for 22 games, all of them essentially must-win games, against teams with good pitching and/or good hitting. During this run, they've beaten Jake Peavy (twice), Brandon Webb, Cole Hamels, and Brad Penny; and have shut down the Phillies potent lineup and Arizona's pesky lineup along the way.

Don't forget, this same Colorado team beat Beckett in Boston earlier this season, 7-1, and has seen Beckett plenty of times before back when he pitched in Florida.

Colorado in 6.

But they've taken eight days off and the Red Sox just played one of the most impressive three game stretches of the season.

The Red Sox have played 10 games in the postseason... 6 of those games have been against Cy Young candidates. And three games against Jared Weaver and Jake Westbrook, both of whom would be, at worst, #2 starters on the Rockies.

But what happened in the regular season means so little... the Rockies had two soft-tossers whom the Rockies had never seen before -- and Schilling was one start away from going on the DL with a fatigued arm. The Red Sox tend to do a little better against guys like Francis and Cook the second time they've seen them.

And come on, you know that game against Beckett was an anomaly. They sure as hell won't do it twice more. You're talking about one of the best postseason pitchers ever. If he shut down the Indians, who are more familiar with him than the Rockies, he'll shut down the Rockies, who's offense, aside from one Matt Holliday HR, was terrible against Arizona. The Rockies offense has fizzled, the Red Sox has been great in all but two games this postseason.

IUe6Hvh.png

I think the Sox will take it. However, no one's going to be getting $hitstomped, it'll be interesting

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

I want the Sox to win, just so I won't hear any of their fans whining and moaning about how bad this year was.

But then again, they already did better than the Yankees, so I'm guessing ALOT of fans figure this year is already a success anyways.

Anywho, Rockies in 6. :D

Sox vs. Rocks....cheep cheep cheep....snore....cheep cheep cheep....snore...

I won't invest one single second in this years World Series....

Frankly...I'll pull for Colorado from afar....Only because the last thing the country needs is yet another thing for loud mouth Bostonians to hype up...Their annoyance factor is only a shade below New Yorkers....

That would be assuming that there are people out there outside of your fans that don't hate the Red Sox. I don't think I am aware of anyone who would fit that description. Someone who doesn't follow sports perhaps...

Have fun enjoying how much people despise your team. As an Ohio State fan I can kind of relate. But at least we don't have to deal with frontrunners and bandwagon fans. For better or worse Buckeye Nation is built on alumni and Ohio residents. There aren't a lot of people jumping on the OSU bandwagon since 2002 and even better, people didn't jump off after 2006. Red Sox nation on the other hand is simply a fashion statement. Your cute little nation will be Red Sox ghost town right after the next 85 win season in Boston.

Go Rockies. Do the true Red Sox fans a favor and clear off that bandwagon.

BB52Big.jpg

Archived