ROX vs. SOX

Mac the Knife

They're called streaks for a reason. Streaks end. The Rockies were red hot but layoff or not, the gods of baseball were going to step in eventually and end it. 21 of 22 or whatever it was is off the charts ridiculously hot and it wasn't going to last no matter what. Conversely The Red Sox are hot right when they need to be. Baseball is ebb and flow and you can't get around it. I'm not saying it's over but reality has dropped in on the Rockies.

They're just shaking the rust off...

25 out of 27 will be just as impressive, because that's what it's going to be.

Not the way the Red Sox are hitting.

Let the Sox use up all their hitting tonight, I have no objections to it, because the Rockies WILL WIN four straight after tonight... and you can take that to the bank.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, the Red Sox are making an Iguazu Falls of hits right now... they are winning 9-1...

But I'm always distrustful... easy win? Maybe... but there are game 2, game 3, etc... each game has its own history.

Don't buy illusions, let's play each one with seriousness.

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

I just hope the Red Sox winning again, does not cause Fever Pitch Two Jimmy Fallon sneaks away to the game against the Twins while Drew Barrymore deals with the twins at home, while mass suicide ensues in the audience watching this dud.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

They're called streaks for a reason. Streaks end. The Rockies were red hot but layoff or not, the gods of baseball were going to step in eventually and end it. 21 of 22 or whatever it was is off the charts ridiculously hot and it wasn't going to last no matter what. Conversely The Red Sox are hot right when they need to be. Baseball is ebb and flow and you can't get around it. I'm not saying it's over but reality has dropped in on the Rockies.

Let the Sox use up all their hitting tonight, I have no objections to it, because the Rockies WILL WIN four straight after tonight... and you can take that to the bank.

It doesn't work that way. They've hit this way in four straight games and they don't look like it's going to stop any time soon.

And I figured we could take your 11-1 prediction to the bank. I think your certainty is misplaced.

Beckett should be done for the night. He's only at 70 pitches... save him and pitch him in game four.

IUe6Hvh.png

Does anyone else suspect that Dane Cook has never actually watched a baseball game?

Edit: Oh no. It just dawned on me that there's going to be a Simmons article about this tomorrow. And, there's a decent chance it's a running diary. Ugh.

Does anyone else suspect that Dane Cook has never actually watched a baseball game?

I think I've said this before, but the silver lining in the Cardinals missing in the playoffs is that I didn't have to listen to him pimp them.

I don't understand what people see in him.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I think I've said this before, but the silver lining in the Cardinals missing in the playoffs is that I didn't have to listen to him pimp them.

I have an even better question. Who in the hell is he?

I know I am old and I don't watch much TV other than sports but honestly I had never heard of him until he ruined MLB's promos. My girlfriend tells me he's a stand-up comic or something?

Oh no. It just dawned on me that there's going to be a Simmons article about this tomorrow. And, there's a decent chance it's a running diary. Ugh.

I'll save everyone the trouble of reading it.

8:10 "I know we won in 2004 but (insert nervous anecdote and reference to Celtics and Pats here)"

8:41 "My bud sent me a text and (insert lame humor and 80's movie reference here)"

9:56 "(insert slam on Chevy ads and Dane Cook here)"

11:00 "It's a blow out. My bud sent me another text (insert stereotypical 'guy' reference here)"

11:20 "(Insert reference to Sports Gal here)"

11:45 "(Insert Las Vegas reference here)"

I think that about sums it up doesn't it?

BB52Big.jpg

I know I am old and I don't watch much TV other than sports but honestly I had never heard of him until he ruined MLB's promos. My girlfriend tells me he's a stand-up comic or something?

Wiki says he's a stand-up comic, but most people know better. He's supposedly from Boston, but I don't think Boston claims him.

I'd take Mike O'Malley over Cook any day.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Well, if you're a Rockies fan there is one thing to take heart in: you've probably seen the last of those God-awful black vests Colorado wears.

MLB should force the teams in the postseason to wear their whites at home and grays on the road.

I think the T-ball colored jerseys look crappy....

Wiki says he's a stand-up comic, but most people know better. He's supposedly from Boston, but I don't think Boston claims him.

... and that's saying something considering O'Malley's sitcom failed miserably....

... oh and I had no idea who Dane Cook was until the thread about favourite comedians.

I saw, I came, I left.

... and that's saying something considering O'Malley's sitcom failed miserably....

... oh and I had no idea who Dane Cook was until the thread about favourite comedians.

"Yes, Dear" lasted 3 or so seasons. Not exactly a failure.

Remember ESPN's "The Rick"? That was O'Malley.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Am I supposed to bring this to the same bank I brought your "12-1 Rockies Victory in Game 1" prediction to?

Rockies are going to win game one, 12-1... Don't start calling me a homer, that's not why I'm saying this, it's a WHOLE different reason, but you'll see, believe me.

That must've been a reverse dream you had.

"Yes, Dear" lasted 3 or so seasons. Not exactly a failure.

Remember ESPN's "The Rick"? That was O'Malley.

Oh, I was referring to the "Mike O'Malley Show" :blush:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0210433/

I saw, I came, I left.

Archived