I thought the Jaguars.......

seahawk9

Good question. Don't know - why doesn't he just buy them up now, and give them to charity (with the resulting tax break), so the games can be broadcast on television?

Seems to me that if he wants to build a fanbase, he ought to make the games accessible to as many people as possible. It would also save the team from browbeating/begging the local populace on its website....

Where I sit has nothing to do with the basic facts. The NFL were sold a team in a location can't come close to filling its stadium. Remove ten thousand seats and they still fall 2,000 to 3,000 short. There's just something seriously wrong with that, and I hope that the people in charge are working overtime to find a creative solution to it.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good question. Don't know - why doesn't he just buy them up now, and give them to charity (with the resulting tax break), so the games can be broadcast on television?

Seems to me that if he wants to build a fanbase, he ought to make the games accessible to as many people as possible. It would also save the team from browbeating/begging the local populace on its website....

Where I sit has nothing to do with the basic facts. The NFL were sold a team in a location can't come close to filling its stadium. Remove ten thousand seats and they still fall 2,000 to 3,000 short. There's just something seriously wrong with that, and I hope that the people in charge are working overtime to find a creative solution to it.

I agree, it isn't a good situation but I do think it is way to early to speculate a move. I also don't think it is as bad as alot of people on this board think it is. It is a small market with no tradition, give it time.

Don't know how long the NFL should let it continue, to be honest.

There's just no excuse for having that many blackouts. If the fanbase isn't there, and corporations can't step in to make up the difference, then maybe the market just can't support the team.

Maybe the Football Gods are angry with the Jaguars fans, who brazenly demanded the Super Bowl trophy prior to the beginning of the 1999 season. Not only are the economics of their plight sound, but not making the Super Bowl in the late 90s may have doomed the team.

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

The Fanbase is there but it takes time for it to grow . and as for blackouts , their are many other older teams that have more blackouts in this decade . Fan Base must grow people who have been fans of the Fins , Bucs , Falcons, redskins , Cowboys , and just go on for the last number of years are having to slowly grow and take in the fanbase of the Jaguars which is there .

#DTWD #GoJaguars

The Fanbase is there but it takes time for it to grow . and as for blackouts , their are many other older teams that have more blackouts in this decade . Fan Base must grow people who have been fans of the Fins , Bucs , Falcons, redskins , Cowboys , and just go on for the last number of years are having to slowly grow and take in the fanbase of the Jaguars which is there .

#DTWD #GoJaguars

In a DESPERATE ATTEMPT to change the tracks of this conversation back onto something more, um...uniform/logo-related, seeing as to how this IS, after all, the "Sports Logos" thread... :P

The Jags' all-black look was cool for ONE game. But um uh--overall, the whole black thing, well...look at this image:

player_introductions_12.jpg

And...since I'm on this topic, look at this one here:

51695078.jpg

And, albeit different-colored dome, this here:

72907997.jpg

This all-black thing really needs to stop--or at least be injected with SOME creative use of color. I'm bout tired of seeing all these teams running around in all-black.

(Ironically enough...as I type this, I'm watching my gf's son run around the living room in his Spider-Man costume, which, wouldn't you know it, is, of course--the all-black version... <_< )

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

In a DESPERATE ATTEMPT to change the tracks of this conversation back onto something more, um...uniform/logo-related, seeing as to how this IS, after all, the "Sports Logos" thread... :P

And...since I'm on this topic, look at this one here:

51695078.jpg

This all-black thing really needs to stop--or at least be injected with SOME creative use of color. I'm bout tired of seeing all these teams running around in all-black.

(Ironically enough...as I type this, I'm watching my gf's son run around the living room in his Spider-Man costume, which, wouldn't you know it, is, of course--the all-black version... <_< )

I think the only team that it makes sense to wear all black is the Ravens. A raven is all black...soooooo...shouldn't the players be clad in all black?

Yes...the Ravens, by virtue of their name, in my book do have a valid reason to be "dipped in blak".

My problem with it as is now, however? In no way is it even remotely aestetically appealing, at least to me. It may jsut be those big, bright white numbers that do it. Outline those things in white, make the numbers purple, and maybe we have a winner.

(Hmm...may be time for me to go back to my concept drawing board and rethink my previous Ravens concept set a lil' bit more...)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

Maybe the usual suspects wouldn't be so critical of the Jaguar's exsistence if they follow the supposed CCSLC NFL uniform protocol and go with three sleeve stripes on the jersey, three stripes down the pants, block numbers with no outline or if you must have an outline just one, and white helmets with gray facemasks.

Yes, this post is intentionally dripping with sarcasm. Point remains the same though.

What is it with the ninja look these teams go with for MNF: Falcons, Jags, Ravens, Bengals...etc...

the lin kuei look wouldn't be bad, at least they don't look like a shadow ninja and actually have color on their outfits.

Nice way to drop a subtle Mortal Kombat reference into the discussion... :D

as for blackouts , their are many other older teams that have more blackouts in this decade .

Such as?

I'm not doubting you, I'm genuinely curious.

The Raiders. They absolutely draw hideously at the Coliseum, in no small part to their own doing. They've bungled the ticket sales and prices ever since they got back to Northern California in 1995. First it was the monumental PSL fiasco, then overpricing and overestimating local demand for tickets, and a consistent distance from anything in the community. There's also the widespread notion that going to a Raiders game isn't exactly a family fun time experience, which definitely hampers sales from the casual sports fan and his family.

Maybe the usual suspects wouldn't be so critical of the Jaguar's exsistence if they follow the supposed CCSLC NFL uniform protocol and go with three sleeve stripes on the jersey, three stripes down the pants, block numbers with no outline or if you must have an outline just one, and white helmets with gray facemasks.

Yes, this post is intentionally dripping with sarcasm. Point remains the same though.

Yeah, that's what it is. Any discussion of the Jaguars' attendance and economic difficulties would immediately cease if they would just change their uniforms. The Devil Rays sure forced an end to discussions of their woes by changing their uniforms to a more traditional baseball look.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

You'll have to forgive ol' Shark - he's a bit fixated sometimes.

I have no problem talking about relocating the Raiders or any other team that can't sell out its games.

In earlier years, these teams would have been moved already. Competently-run sports leagues in our era have become relocation-shy.

Yes...the Ravens, by virtue of their name, in my book do have a valid reason to be "dipped in blak".

My problem with it as is now, however? In no way is it even remotely aestetically appealing, at least to me. It may jsut be those big, bright white numbers that do it. Outline those things in white, make the numbers purple, and maybe we have a winner.

(Hmm...may be time for me to go back to my concept drawing board and rethink my previous Ravens concept set a lil' bit more...)

You know I actually like some of the elements of your Ravens concept. Mainly the ones that have the Titans-esque black shoulders with purple jerseys.

I've said this many times before: I love everything about the Raven's identity. From their color set, to their number fonts, to their jerseys....everything EXCEPT their helmet logo and the fact that they wear white pants with their purple jerseys. it just doesn't work for me. I wish they'd go all dark and forget the white pants. That way you'd have an all dark look without having the unitard look that everyone bitches about ad nauseum around here.

You'll have to forgive ol' Shark - he's a bit fixated sometimes.

I have no problem talking about relocating the Raiders or any other team that can't sell out its games.

In earlier years, these teams would have been moved already. Competently-run sports leagues in our era have become relocation-shy.

I hear you, but i'd rather see poorly-received teams actually contract than have them move to another city that will most likely give the same in terms of fan reception.

Markets are pretty much saturated at this point.

Archived