New smu fb uniforms

yh

I noted this story on the SSUR website and was surprised that there hadn't been any mention of it as of yet.  The helmet is atrocious - the bright red mustang on the navy blue helmet is just downright ugly. Maybe with some white trim around the decal it might look better.  And while the overall uniform scheme leans toward the NY Giants (a format I actually like), it is more akin to format recently adopted by that college football powerhouse Kansas.  

I don't understand why SMU felt the need to darken their blue or add so much silver (which I don't believe is even an "official" school color).  I know Ole Miss did this a few years back as well and while I like their uniforms a lot better than I like the new SMU set, I still think that colleges shouldn't mess that much with color schemes that have been around for ageshttp://www.smumustangs.com/football/2003/uniforms.asp

Not remembering seeing the old ones, I think these are nice. A little white on the helmet and some white besides lettering and numbers on the jerseys might be nice. Basically I would go red/white/red on anything blue, and add a white outline on the helmet logo. Maybe that wouldn't look good. I like em how they are now anyway.

Yes, they suck. We arent going to bust out the white helmets until we start winning again, if ever again. This crappy uniform matches the cruddy play on the field. If we have a decent season next season, maybe we will revive the white helmets and the royal blue jerseys (hopefully). :D

Archived