1925 Pottsville Maroons

Joe

I know the 1925 Pottsville Maroons have been discussed on this board in the past, but because of David Flemings wonderful new book "Breaker Boys: The NFL's Greatest Team and the Stolen 1925 Championship" there has been some renewed interest in returning the 1925 title to the team.

You can read a snippet of the book here, on ESPN's page 2:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story...mp;sportCat=nfl

You can also sign an ESPN sponsored petition to return the title here:

http://www.petitiononline.com/Maroons/

Hey Pantone, you should have all of your fellow Arizona fans sign the petition, legend says that the Cardinals are cursed by this injustice. That might be a stretch, but hey, it can't hurt!

There was a movement just a couple of years ago - I think Arlen Spector and the Gov. were involved (I could be wrong though.) ESPN OTL devoted a Sunday show to this.

Obviously, it didn't work.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

There was a movement just a couple of years ago - I think Arlen Spector and the Gov. were involved (I could be wrong though.) ESPN OTL devoted a Sunday show to this.

Obviously, it didn't work.

Yeah they where on TV crying about this b.s. around the same time the ACC was raiding the Big East and neither of them lifted a finger or even made public comments that would have helped Pitt Football at all in a time of crisis.

Thats funny I always thought the Bidwells were the curse and now it rings true, basically give back the title, lift the curse and sell the team. The Cardinals, the Phoenix Valley Metropolitan area and the NFL will be better

Archived