NHL Winter Classic update

Top Shelf

SWEET RETRO PADS!!! those look great...the holes on the "waffle" are a nice touch.

No not retro pads. If they were retro style pads they wouldn't be so tall and stiff that they cover the 5 hole when the goalie drops into the butterfly. They are a brown version of a goalie pad type that needs to be banned from the NHL.

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply
p4212684dt.jpg

Well I'm not sure I'm 100% excited about the modern number font on the retro jersey. It's not so modern and a space age font that it's a deal breaker, but a more original classic font would have been cooler to my eye.

agreed...it's a mish mash of every Sabres uni from 1970 - 1995, couldn't they just pick a year and go with it and get is accurate as possible, jeesh.

Reebok/CCM seems to often treat throwback jersey elements as clip art with a careless regard for accuracy concerning what specific elements did or did not actually live on the same jersey at the same time. It really doesn't surprise me at all that there would be inconsistencies.

By the way, you are going with me to watch the game with my friends and I'm not taking no for an answer either. I'll be by at 10:45 AM to pick you up.

Tim Horton approves

6052_1.JPGn310.JPG

1000 Bonus Points for historical knowledge and finding illustrative images too. Well played, sir. :hockeysmiley:

Notice the misspelled "Pittsburg" on this OFFICIAL release.....

Hey, maybe they're fans of Honus Wagner....

And 206 bonus points for you as well for your T-206 reference. (**)

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

uniinside.jpg

Where are the Sabres putting the Classic patch? The numbers go there.

Jersey front numbers on the throwbacks? I'm not so sure that's happening...

Watch, I'll be completely wrong... haha

You know, I rarely visit ccslsc anymore. I really should fix that.

Yea the replicas for sale only come in the classic cut and materials, but the players will be wearing the Edge versions of these during the games.

This is true:

uniinside.jpg

Notice collar and stiching, edge indeed.

I had not seen that pic yet. My bad, thanks for the correction.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Why is the red line dashed again? I thought they made it solid when they got rid of 2-line passes....

Rule 5c is still on the books:

There shall also be a line, twelve inches (12") in width and red in color, drawn completely across the rink in center ice, parallel with the goal lines and continued vertically up the side of the boards, known as the "CENTER LINE". This line shall contain regular interval markings of a uniform distinctive design, which will readily distinguish it from the two blue lines... the outer edges of which must be continuous. (Paint code PMS 186)

My understanding is that the pattern on the red line is in part to help players or officials who are colour-blind; the shade of blue used for the blue lines has a heavy green component, and it would be plausible that a red-green colour-blind player might have trouble immediately distinguishing the lines. Since the red line is still used for icing purposes, it's still an important consideration.

We should start a separate thread with interesting red-line designs though...

uniinside.jpg

Where are the Sabres putting the Classic patch? The numbers go there.

No front numbers. Patch is in the same place on the Sabres jerseys.

Another interesting note: The back numbers are going to be slightly larger than usual for better visibility.

Another detail worth mentionning is that the stripes will curve to follow the rounded cut at the waist.

Not on the Sabres jerseys. No curve. And they are the EDGE cut, but the front and sleeves are made of the old material. The back is the new mesh (which the Sabres had on their home & aways last year as well), but that other "new" fabric is no longer there.

[Another interesting note: The back numbers are going to be slightly larger than usual for better visibility.

Like 14 inches tall then?

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

And I'd love to make a red-line pass at Jennifer Hanson. ;)

I'll second that motion

giggity

Pffft, why not just go for a break-away and score in her five-hole? Not too confident in your stick handling abilites, are you? ^_^

Has there actually been ANY real proof that the Sabres are going to be putting numbers on the front of their jersey for this game?

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Archived