NHL Winter Classic update

Top Shelf

e7906d0ca60f6bfafca2e7f5c68cd0ec-getty-78656250ds029_winter_classic.jpg

9bdb4e0b6f56c0b4686690902ddc3df4-getty-78656250ds027_winter_classic.jpg

4ee8156a9a444945093ae07a5036b16f-getty-78656250ds028_winter_classic.jpg

0e7325051ed5d38e33d6628ed743dc8a-getty-78656250ds001_winter_classic.jpg

Those Pens jerseys look incredible

When I was back in Pittsburgh this weekend they had a bunch of the retro and Winter Classic gear at Dick's and the jerseys are even more bad ass in person but they only had mediums left when I was there. I picked up a sweet hooded sweatshirt with the jersey logo on the front and light blue retro cap, I also ordered a jersey online when I got home.

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perhaps you have noticed that the NY Rangers have gone to a straight hemline. It thankfully eliminates the "diaper effect". Hopefully all other teams will go that way. It looks horrible with horizontal hem stripes, and no hem stripes (Toronto, Phoenix, on and on) look even worse. Too bad the Sabres didn't get a straight hem. :mad:

I'm really looking forward to this game more than I thought I would.

HD, baby, HD!

Just checked my on-screen guide for the game tomorrow, and it said nothing about it being in HD. Surely the NHL wouldn't be THAT dumb, would they?

Well, this IS the NHL we're talking about...

They advertised the game as HD during the Rose Bowl Parade earlier today.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

It's pretty awesome to watch. I wish the sound was better so we could truly hear the fans, but that said..I think the players are doing well with the elements. It's fun to watch, though. And I doubt you could get those 70k+ fans to agree that this game ought to be called or an exhibition.

NCFA-FCS/CBB: Minnesota A&M | RANZBA (OOTP): Auckland Warriors | USA: Front Range United | IFA: Toverit Helsinki | FOBL: Kentucky Juggernaut

Minnesota A&M 2012 National Champions 2013 National Finalist, 2014 National Semi-finals 2012, 2013, 2014 Big 4 Conference Champions

A few notes:

? Penguins goaltender Ty Conklin is not wearing the brown pads. It also looks like he's not wearing the same mask that was pictured earlier.

? Atleast two Sabres are wearing eye-black.

? Ryan Miller is pulling the Jose Theodore with the knit hat over his mask.

Dany Sabourin was the Pens goaltender with the brown pads. Ty Conklin is in net for us now.

The Penguins' unies look fantastic, though I can't understand why they used the current numbers instead of using something more retro.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

I love both uniforms. I understand the black and gold is the "winner's look," plus the colors of the City of Pittsburgh, but man, I see those ice-blues and wonder why you'd want to have anything else. So frigging sharp.

(And, uh, ditto for the Sabres.)

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that it's hard to verify their authenticity."

--Abraham Lincoln

Archived