Baltimore Ravens Rebranding

-(dp)-

I don't understand why even though black, the color of a raven, is in the Baltimore Ravens' color scheme, the logo is of a purple raven. Their color scheme makes sense, but it could be used better, in my opinion. The B in the raven head seems forced, and makes the head very odd shaped. I decided to see what I could do with the ravens.

Black is now the main color, because, well....... It just makes sense for a team called the ravens. Instead of the raven head being purple, I gave it purple highlights, to resemble the purplish shine where light hits a ravens feathers. I gave the wordmark the same effect. Raven beaks are black, but for the logo's sake, I made it purple. It is close to black, but helps separate it from the rest of the ravens head. Then I added a bit of a white highlight, and gold outline for some contrast.

I made a new alternate logo, which is a shield, like the previous one, but it is more simple. I still used both of the parts from the maryland flag, but tried to work them into the design better. I got rid of a few of the unnecessary components, like the R, and the 'RAVENS' wordmark on the top of the shield.

With the wordmark, I tried to give it a dark, mysterious feeling, like a raven. (okay, I know a lot is known about ravens, but I still get a mysterious feeling.) I gave it the purple shine on the black letters, to go with the logo.

Your comments and criticism will be greatly appreciated. Uniforms to come soon.

RavensRebrand.png

I love the new primary you made, and the wordmark I can live with, but the secondary just seems wrong to me for some reason. Maybe make the sides of the shield more smoother and maybe try putting some white in the middle of it, that may help. The Primary looks really really good though, very nice job on that.

I am VERY impressed with the new Raven! The secondary needs more yellow or something, but otherwise I really like where you're going with this. I'm curious how that raven would look on a black helmet considering just how dark it is, but I'm sure it's better than what they have now. I'd love to see a full uniform concept of this all.

being a die hard raven fan ill give my input...

love the new wordmark..not crazy about the raven head but i could live with it

as for the shield..i like where ur going with it but the real shield uses the colors and logos from the state flag. i think if u could somehow include those elements into ur shield it could look really nice.

I know you're using a kooky font, but I would alter the T a bit. Right now it looks like it says BALCIMORE. I think the shield could stand to be a little bit skinnier also. I would also maybe think about elongating the raven's head. The team seems to use their logo on the helmet much the same way the Chargers do.

Overall, this is very nice work.

The only concern I have about this is that the Ravens would not be able to use black helmets with that new raven. It would get lost. Purple helmets might work, but I don't really like the idea. Having black as the primary color for the uniforms and helmet promotes the Raven identity more than the puple logo takes away from it.

I know you're using a kooky font, but I would alter the T a bit. Right now it looks like it says BALCIMORE. I think the shield could stand to be a little bit skinnier also. I would also maybe think about elongating the raven's head. The team seems to use their logo on the helmet much the same way the Chargers do.

Overall, this is very nice work.

Agreed. I might even go as far as to suggest using a more traditional, classic font for the city name, since you're getting plenty of flair and character from the nickname anyway.

Okay, I read all of the comments, and worked on the logos some more. For the look I am trying to achieve, I think a black helmet would work best, so I added some more purple to the logo. I also made the raven head a little longer, but not as much as the current logo. On the wordmark, I thinned out the outlines a bit, to make it more legible, and switched to a simpler font for the BALTIMORE text.

It seems like the shield has the most problems, and I don't think I can fix every one. The main problem is that either the pattern from the maryland flag won't be the color it is on the flag, or it won't match the color scheme. In one, I used colors as close as I could (gold in place of yellow, and purple in place of red,) and in the other I used the actual colors from the flag. I like it better when it matches the color scheme, but I am sure some people would rather it be the correct colors.

Anyways, thanks for the comments so far, they have been helpful. Keep those coming.

RavensRebrand2.png

The point of the secondary is kind of gone. The current one is the state flag.

Yeah......? The current one is way too busy, as it includes the two parts from the flag, a B, an R, and the ravens wordmark all inside of a shield. Mine is everything but the R and ravens wordmark, but I tried to integrate the parts of the flag into the design better. I don't quite understand your comment.

Archived