Baltimore Ravens Rebranding

-(dp)-

As a Ravens fan and a lifelong Maryland native, I agree with the premise for this concept. I too, dislike the cluttered look of the uniforms and the plethora of alternate logos that are used.

That said, although a true raven is black with purple highlights, I think the Ravens do a great job of balancing the black with the purple. I love the black helmet/purple jersey contrast and actually dislike their all black monochrome alts. IMO, the best Ravens logo is the "face forward" Raven which I think would make for a better helmet logo. I'd ditch the heckle and jeckle cartoon logo as well as the "B" logo and shield logo and bring back the full "wings spread" secondary that adorned the sleeves from '96-'99.

As for the alts, I'd wear the black jerseys twice a year only but with the white pants. I'd also bring back the black pants to be worn on occasion for the road and, for those who must have the monochrome fix, wear the purple home jersey with the black pants on occasion, harking back to the inaugural season with Vinnie Testaverde and Michael Jackson. "Tee-hee-hee".

I have also lived in Maryland for my entire life. And even though I live closer to DC, I root for the Ravens more than i do for the Redskins. Part of that is because of their secoundary logo. By having the state flag on their field and jersey I feel that it represents me because I am from Maryland. I don't get that feeling from your secoundary logo. You used the images from the Maryland state flag, but it doesn't look anything like the flag does. Even if the flag makes the logo seem more crowded, I still like seeing both the yellow and black section and the red and white section of the flags in equal proprtion becuase I immediatly know that represents me.

Hope this made sense

Archived