Dallas Stars Uniform Tweakings...

ColeJ

the new stars uniforms have grown on me, even though the team has played like crap... but i still think they need a little bit of tweaking.

the black home uniform i love, but i don't think it makes a very good home jersey. as an alternate, it would be amazing, in my opinion... and what i love about the white uniform is that it's only green/gold on white. no black. looks very north starsy, and i really enjoy that about it.

with all that in mind, i decided to tweak things just a tad. no more front numbers on the primary jersey, even though i don't really hate them as much as i thought it would...

this is barely much of a concept at all, just a tweak... so i won't over explain anything.

cole-stars-oct07.png

any and all comments and critiques are welcome, as always.

The solid/home looks alright. My complaints with the design are with the one that RBK went with, not really your changes. I do think that the Stars should have stuck with classic Green as the primary colour in their design.

If they are going to put the city/team name on the jersey like that, they should at least put Dallas on the road, and Stars at home like Baseball. That may be something to try out with the home uniform and the green and see what comes out

The solid/home looks alright. My complaints with the design are with the one that RBK went with, not really your changes. I do think that the Stars should have stuck with classic Green as the primary colour in their design.

If they are going to put the city/team name on the jersey like that, they should at least put Dallas on the road, and Stars at home like Baseball. That may be something to try out with the home uniform and the green and see what comes out

Gotta remember though, when they first began as the DALLAS Stars, they had an all black jersey with a hint of green and the only gold you saw was in the logo. The green uniform is farily recent... not saying it doesn't look good, which it does, but their decision to go back to all black was probably based on the fact that was the primary colour of their first jerseys.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I really like the set you came up with . I like the green home jersey rather than black and i like the crisp , clean look of the away jersey ...

My issue is with the RBK Design of the home jersey which you have used as the alternate i am assuming , I like the black , I like the wordmark on the front and i like the striping even . My beef is that it is a bit to simple and i dont like the number on the front . Why not add a star under the Dallas or even the shoulder patch of the state of Texas under the wordmark . I think it maight make all the difference and make it a really classy looking third jersey ...

i wouldn't like arched STARS on the front, as a stars fan... maybe it has something to do with the dallas mentallity... but like i've said many times before, even the mavericks have DALLAS on home and away.

Guess my response earlier didn't go through... I don't like the lack of black on the home and away especially on the homes with black helmets, shells, gloves, and then on the alternates there's no green. I know the color balance is off on the current set, but if you're fixing them, that is something that definitely needs fixed. Either put all 4 colors on all the jerseys, or cut out the black altogether.

More proof that the NHL planned on switching back to white at home and dark on the road.

Great design, love the green, like when the were in Minn

the new stars uniforms have grown on me, even though the team has played like crap... but i still think they need a little bit of tweaking.

the black home uniform i love, but i don't think it makes a very good home jersey. as an alternate, it would be amazing, in my opinion... and what i love about the white uniform is that it's only green/gold on white. no black. looks very north starsy, and i really enjoy that about it.

with all that in mind, i decided to tweak things just a tad. no more front numbers on the primary jersey, even though i don't really hate them as much as i thought it would...

this is barely much of a concept at all, just a tweak... so i won't over explain anything.

cole-stars-oct07.png

any and all comments and critiques are welcome, as always.

so far 99.7% perfection.

wheres the 0.03%? you say.

answer:

add black trim to the home and away and ditch the 3rd. Then you would get that extra .03%.

What they have now I could tolerate as an alternate. but full time it makes them look like how they play which is like a college team or my local high school team.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Archived