Does majestic actually STITCH names & numbers on?

oakland ehs

Just wondering, if anyone has ordered a name and number jersey from Majestic, is the name and number actually STITCHED on? Or is it glued, which makes it all but impossible to get taken off and re-crested if necessary?

I know some companies do it, like CCM with their replica jerseys last year. If you got it straight from them with a name and number on it then it was likely glued, which is cheap and while it still looks good, it doesn't come off and can't be re-done.

I'm not completely clear on the answer, because you agreed with them and then kind of contradicted them.

I'm asking if the numbers and the nameplate are STITCHED onto the jersey? If they are, then they are heat pressed too? But heat pressing can be removed properly without a problem, without leaving a mark, right? Or is there some glue involved with that?

I just want to be able to get the jersey re-done if need be, and if it's glued then I'd be fudged.

The patches, numbers and letters have a plastic backing. They are heat-pressed onto the jersey so the plastic melts and glues them to the fabric, holding them in place. They are then stitched to the jersey.

So he didn't contradict himself - it's not an either/or. The answer is "both."

It has been my experience that the "glue" isn't particularly strong (because it alone isn't expected to keep the letters on), nor does it leave an indelible mark. But I wouldn't count on that.

If you're considering changing a name/number, I'd recommend contracting with an experienced professional.

I sew twill all the time and my experience is that if the numbers have been heat pressed and sewn there will be an outline that will not come out after many washes.The reason for heat pressing is not for puckering, it is to stop fraying of the twill.

The only way no outline will happen is if they were using uncoated twill

Hope this helps

Razzer

Archived