Ratings of Updated Corporate Logos

schlim

And here's another site that one in the first post uses for its source material.

I just don't get why so many companies change a logo that not only represents their brand but also ties into their business using subtle imagery instead of a bland web 2.0 wordmark. I'm still saddened everytime I see a UPS truck drive by.

This dude has a few points, but is way off base on more than a few of these, namely Ditech and Pantone, among others.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I certainly don't agree with the opinions on ditech, jiffy lube, or payless. Looking at how dated the previous brands were, I consider any tweak an improvement. The new jiffy lube look is a huge improvement. Quite classy.

VmWIn6B.png

Something both sites missed is something that has been driving me nuts the past year or so everytime I see it. The new Cost Cutters logo:

CostCutters_logo_juststyle.jpg

sure, the old logo could use a change/update, but the new logo looks like it belongs in 1996, not 2006. (I believe it was last year they changed).

old:

costcutters.jpgCostCuttersLogo.jpg

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Archived