Purple, as a Team Color

BallWonk

ah yeah, I almost forgot...some more purp for ya courtesy the only purple, red and green team I can think of, the Fremantle Dockers

GALL_CATS_SS7_wideweb__470x372,0.jpg

clintonwolf.jpgclive_waterhouse.jpg

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never saw the big objection to the Bucks' old purple, but looking at it now, umm... I feel badly about not realizing it before.

I love the Bucks new green, or is it old green? It's green and red, like the 1970's Bucks, and their new shimmer jerseys look sweet. So purple and green for the Bucks (and the Mighty Ducks) didn't work as well, unless it's on sweatpants or something.

It would be nice if the Rockies dusted this off a few times a season. Full time? One can dream.

pmlb23537361dtie5.jpg

My only regret is not buying one before their late season run. I still have my 1992/1993 fitted Rockies cap.

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

Don't the Ravens use purple?

Or is that some sort hybrid blue?

PANTONE would know for sure...but that Raven "purple" looks a lil' bit more like indigo to me.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

It would be nice if the Rockies dusted this off a few times a season. Full time? One can dream.

pmlb23537361dtie5.jpg

My only regret is not buying one before their late season run. I still have my 1992/1993 fitted Rockies cap.

Where the hell has THAT been all this time??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Lovin' it. They most DEFINITELY should use that, if nothing else, with their road grays in this Series (and the purple jersey would look so dangone beautiful with it).

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Where the hell has THAT been all this time??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Lovin' it. They most DEFINITELY should use that, if nothing else, with their road grays in this Series (and the purple jersey would look so dangone beautiful with it).

I don't think it's been worn since April 24, 2004, against the Houston Astros.

042404sy8.jpg

It also made an appearance April 6, 2004, against the Arizona Diamondbacks. Perhaps the only purple cap versus purple cap matchup?

040604dw0.jpg

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

040604dw0.jpg

Ding ding ding! And we have a winner. At least as far as the what-should-Colorado-look-like sweepstakes.

The thing is, I have real reservations about purple. It's a very unforgiving color; you pretty much have to use it perfectly or not at all. And yet most of the examples people have offered here look terrific to me. I love the football unis, all of them. That alleged prototype Bucs jersey is interesting. It looks OK, but it's a great example of how purple can work with other colors like green, and also how a lighter or more reddish purple would be a better option for some teams than the deep-blue purple that is so common. A lighter violet or lilac with that dark green would look fantastic. As would a darker plum purple with a pale green. But you do need light-dark contrast if you're pairing purple with another color.

20082614447.png

and I forgot one of the earliest teams to ever don purple...as Chris Berman would put it...DA NEW YAWK...BASEBALL...GIANTS

nl_1916_newyork.gif

yes, ladies and gents, the Giants haven't always been black and orange, it just seems like they have. anyway, above is one of the violet-hued sets they wore in the 1910's (the most unique of an already unique sartorial period for em, their 1916 plaids)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Don't the Ravens use purple?

Or is that some sort hybrid blue?

PANTONE would know for sure...but that Raven "purple" looks a lil' bit more like indigo to me.

C'mon...you know I've got all of this stuff on my site, right? :P

Oh, and the Ravens use TWO different Purples...one for the logos, and a darker one for the uniforms:

BaltimoreRavens_FRC_9999_SOL.jpg

Archived