how the Diamondbacks should look.

HatManTC

I like it the way they have it now, mainly because otherwise it gets even closer to the Astros.

The current cap logo is much more visible in real life than it looks like it would be on paper. And they're one of the only teams that has a darker cap logo on a lighter cap. It's a distinctive look. I like it. Any change they make that does not involve designing a new A and putting that on their caps instead of the team initial will not be an improvement.

I like the new-look D-backs, and their cap. Your design is OK, but the black snake stands out more in my opinion.

I disagree. At any distance, the black snake blends in with the dark red cap. I think the light-colored snake would stand out a lot better.

I like the new-look D-backs, and their cap. Your design is OK, but the black snake stands out more in my opinion.

I disagree. At any distance, the black snake blends in with the dark red cap. I think the light-colored snake would stand out a lot better.

Have you seen them play? Speaking only from personal experience, I was surprised to find how visible the black-on-brick logo was when the D-Backs came to RFK. But I saw them in sunlight, bright stadium lights, and on TV, which tends to brighten colors, so my experience could be an example of my having seen the caps under ideal conditions. Perhaps under less-than-perfect lighting conditions -- cloudy day game, in your average poorly lit store, etc. -- the black snake does blend into the cap. But at least when I've been watching, the black snake just doesn't disappear into the red cap like, say, Minnesota's red C disappears into the blue cap.

I have to admit, though, that until I saw the caps in action, I thought the black-on-brick design would be a disaster for exactly the visibility issue you cite.

That could be easily remedied by adding a thicker gold border around the black snake.

I prefer the black snake over any other color due to the fact that it matches their uniforms to a tee. The gold or sand or whatever is only an accent and not a primary color. It shouldn't be a primary color in the hat if it is merely an accent in the primary home and away uniform set (yes, I know they have a red jersey with gold lettering)

I realize there are probably a bunch of teams that have successfully featured accent colors more prominently in their hat and not in the jerseys, but in this case it doesn't work for the D-Backs IMO.

Nah...I like the current one better. A sand colored snake?....that is just awkward.

Well....I'm convinced.

The sand-colored snake should be the new logo.

http://www.sas.org/tcs/weeklyIssues_2005/2...ages/fig_01.jpg

I'm not sure what the official color that the D-Backs are using as their "sand like" metallic accent color is, but I think it would be safe to say that the "snake" colored snake that Ballwonk referred to makes sense. Look at the pic. I just don't think it looks good on the hat thats all.

Snakes basically take the color of the habitat that they are in. So snakes that are in a sandier area will be more sand colored. Snakes that hang out by very rocky areas will be more rock colored and so forth. I guess the designer of the new D-Backs look was thinking of a very specific black snake...or maybe he/she just wanted to use black in the color scheme. Hmmmmmm.

Hey Pantone, What's up with the Oaks logo? Nice logo, crappy rest of uniforms/identity/scheme... although that is where i got to hang with Upton, so I can't complain too much. anyways, i agree, the top hat choice does pop a lot more, and probably would look good with the rest of the Uni.

Archived