Rebranding McDonald's

AAO

and what are you trying to redesign exactly? you cite the tagline as teh problem, but this is more of a

redesign of the logo. the tags you have slapped on the bottom dont look particularly considered.

macdonalds looks like you have typed the word in full and shrunk the c leaving gaps either side.

and on the black mark you have outlined a silhouette shape which looks strange.

i guess the idea is fine but the execution isnt great.

Forget the apostrophe. McDonald's is known world wide as McDonalds, apostrophe or not, you won't confuse it with anything else. It brings more unification the brand. I wouldn't say it looks 40 years old, it doesn't....it just has a more classic twist to it.

If the top of the arches are flat, unintentional....a spoof.

I just realized the part that is red in the wordmark on the red background is the wrong piece...which makes it look like a red inset path....but that's not how it should be it should just be a highlight. And the one outlined in red on the black is to create for the glowing effect like a neon sign.

While I don't mind the vintage look you were going for here. It misses the mark for McDonald's completely. They don't target "world-class" diners. That isn't the segmentation that they are after. They obviously are targeting a younger generation, as well as they are trying to get in on the growing "health-conscious" market. The phrase "I'm lovin' it" is over done and it is time for a new one but I can assure you that the next one they come out with will be just as "trendy" as the past one was.

I'm going to go with Davidson on this in that it's an idea worth considering, but the execution should probably be better thought through. Your strategy is to make the logo more classical, giving it a 30's art deco sensibility. Steve-O has some good points as well.

McDonald's has been tinkering with modern updates to its design for years, and they all seem contrived. One thing that has impressed me about Wendy's in the post-Dave era is that the basic identity has not yet shifted away from the original logo design. You're seeking to create a "back to the roots" look in a fresh way.

Your design is adult. "World Class Hamburgers" is, without a doubt, a very adult slogan. And your style is saying fast-casual Panera Bread rather than Happy Meal.

The greatest challenge with your design is that your 3D typeface effect is completely impractical. Simplicity is key because of the variety of applications this logo will have to fulfill.

My thought is this... take a step back and rethink the branding, if you're interested in doing so. Look at ways to incorporate a more diverse target market in your design.

Just don't go here:

mcd.jpg

jeffsig.gif

glgsig.gif

Forget the apostrophe. McDonald's is known world wide as McDonalds, apostrophe or not, you won't confuse it with anything else. It brings more unification the brand.

The brand is McDonald's, specifically McDonald's Corporation. With the apostrophe. I have a cup in front of me right now that proves it. If you are really set on doing a professional rebranding, it helps to spell the company's name correctly. You wouldn't call it "Arbys" or "Wendys", would you?

I think this is a case of you trying to justify your laziness or lack of attention to detail.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Forget the apostrophe. McDonald's is known world wide as McDonalds, apostrophe or not, you won't confuse it with anything else. It brings more unification the brand.

I think this is a case of you trying to justify your laziness

BOOM no contest. You caught me red handed. I also wanted to just test the waters, see if it would slide...guess not. Thanks for all of your feedback. I'll post any updates.

yes, although this seems to have lumped marketing and design into the same project.

ultimately the tag line isnt crucial in design terms. and as a designer, you dont decide what it says.

and why would you want to. marketing are a bunch of dicks. they know :censored: all about anything but

seem to preside over every important athetic decision.

unfortunately im proffessor worked with marketing people for 5 long strained years.

bar what is stated above, i am yet to work out what they actually do? let me know if

you do but they are a poor mans advertising as far as i can see.

Archived