MAHL Jerseys

Geoff

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd express a wish for this league to fold as punishment for their poor uniform designs, but given Andrew Haines' involvement with the league, that's more of a "when" than an "if" thing.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

2 questions....

if the team is called the thunder, why is there a giant lightning bolt running thorugh the middle of the jersey?

what if there is an african-american player for the ice miners? will they change the uniform to match his skin or will they let him go out there in, literally, a white man's sweater?

iceminershomefinal.jpg

With all the logos on top of faded logos, and just all around crowded jersey space...I get a whole "CFL circa early 90s" feel to it. NO WAY You'll be able to tell what the faded logo is on the dark Vikings jersey.

I agree with Ghetto...the whole "Thunder Name...Lightning Bolt Logo" has always bugged me.

"This isn't just the Oregon Ducks, it's Football's Future Turf Soldier War Hero Steel Robot Tech Flex Machine Army." -CS85

what if there is an african-american player for the ice miners? will they change the uniform to match his skin or will they let him go out there in, literally, a white man's sweater?

that was my first thought when seeing them too. its very presumptuous.

I love them, actually. It's minor league hockey. I think we can make certain allowances for teams going completely over the top.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

that was my first thought when seeing them too. its very presumptuous.

Well, if you knew the area, you'd know just how out of place anyone of color would be. Not that folks up there are racist (because they aren't), but what little minority population does exist up there tends to keep out of sight for some reason. The whole place is stuck in 1977 to an extent as well, but that's another story.

nav-logo.png

If they are the Ice Miners, why are their uniforms based off fire and brimstone?

Indiana as a town has unusually strong ties to the colors black and red. The town uses them, the local school district uses them, the local university does as well (though with their recent rebranding they've taken a baby step or two away from it). To their credit the MAHL's exploiting that, or at least they're going to try.

nav-logo.png

Archived