MAHL Jerseys

Geoff

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
what if there is an african-american player for the ice miners? will they change the uniform to match his skin or will they let him go out there in, literally, a white man's sweater?

kindof like how ray emery must feel...

always loved the original sens logo. always kinda felt awkward it was a white guy on it.

anyhoo the vikings home logo is pretty dayum neat. but the rest of the jersey is too busy. i like the jersey number in the sail on the back. similar to the drakkar logo in the Q

What is going on here? Every time I go onto something to do with the MAHL, it always comes up with cannot find the server. Is there something wrong with my computer? It's only that site that does it. I can't get onto anything to do with the league, even when I search it from google.

I hope the RMU Colonials gave the Valley Forge team permission to completely lift their logo.

We've gone through this before and you never understand it:

RMU

rmu120.gif

Valley Forge

valleyforgefreedom_2.jpg

Different. End of story.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

• 3 months later...

Well, all of the Mid-Atlantic Hockey League's jerseys are headed to storage. The league has suspended operations for the 2007-08 season, with MAHL president Andrew Haines claiming that the shutdown is "... necessary to ensure the long-term viability of the league and we look forward to coming back much stronger for the 2008-09 season."

Translation: One and done for the MAHL.

I'd express a wish for this league to fold as punishment for their poor uniform designs, but given Andrew Haines' involvement with the league, that's more of a "when" than an "if" thing.

Yup....it was a "when" thing.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Awesome Jerseys- I not a fan of the sublime, but they look nice on the Vikings.

I noted that the logo for Mon Valley Thunder has changed, the helmet is gone.

He looked like 'Thor' when the logo first came out but they've added long wavy

hair and it's a bit different.

Here is the old logo on the left and the new logo on the right

MonValleyThunder.pngAAAthunderMonValley.jpg

Still, very nice jerseys.

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

I'm not sure if anyone saw this follow up to the league calling it quits for the season:

http://post-journal.com/articles.asp?articleID=24881

Vikings Go On Rampage At Lodge

By Patrick Fanelli pfanelli@post-journal.com

Players Destroy Historic Building

2/15/2008 - Presumedly seeking revenge against the Mid-Atlantic Hockey League for calling it quits in the middle of the season, several players with the Jamestown Vikings trashed the historic Vikings Lodge on the corner of Washington and West Fourth Street early Thursday, leaving most of the building in shambles.

Trash and debris were everywhere, especially on the second and third floors where the stench of beer and rotting food was almost overpowering. Bar stools were smashed through doors, and virtually every piece of glass in the building had been shattered, the broken shards unavoidable underfoot.

??They were on a drunken rampage,?? said Greg Moran, a building inspector with the city Department of Development, who was called to the scene once police learned of the destruction. ??I was absolutely appalled. ... Some of this stuff is probably irreplaceable.??

For police, the first sign of trouble was a chair that had been thrown through the storefront window facing Washington Street. When police arrived to investigate, they found the place a wreck and more than a dozen people ? players as well as their friends ? passed out drunk throughout the building.

??We were called here early this morning at about 7:30 after we received a report that a chair had been thrown through the window,?? said Lt. Todd Isaacson of the Jamestown Police Department. ??The unit on scene initially observed a significant amount of criminal mischief as they entered the building. ... After the officers arrive at the scene, they realized that numerous players were involved and additional assistance was needed.??

Police removed the individuals from the building after they had been identified.

Isaacson and other officials with the Jamestown Police Department spoke to reporters in the ballroom on the third floor of the century-old, four-story building. The ballroom was littered with junk and paint had actually been thrown about the space, but luckily, the intricate woodwork that decorates the hall remained intact.

??To see the condition of this building was more than disappointing,?? said Det. Art Osterdahl, who has been a member of the Order of Vikings for more than two decades. ??When I was downstairs, seeing some of the rooms the children used to play in, it really hit close to home.??

Mid-Atlantic Hockey League officials announced Wednesday that they would be cancelling the rest of the season to re-organize and start fresh in 2008-09, though many of those associated with the league believe that is unlikely to happen. Ticket sales were reportedly extremely low for three of the new league?s five teams ? though they were reportedly much more competitive for the Valley Forge Freedom from Oaks, Pa. and the Jamestown Vikings.

But across the board, the league has reportedly been buried underneath a growing pile of debt with thousands of dollars owed to players. That has resulted in hostile relations between players and league officials like Andrew Haines, league president and Vikings owner.

Many believe the hostile relationship was what drove the players to trash the Vikings Lodge late Wednesday, though officials with the Jamestown Savings Bank Ice Arena said they made it clear to them that Haines did not own the building.

??It has historic significance to everyone,?? said Michael Ferguson, ice arena general manager. ??I said this building had been there for generations in the community, and one of the excuses I got from one of the players was, ?Well, we didn?t believe that. We thought it was Andrew?s.? ??

But Ferguson said he didn?t believe that excuse, since he had told players repeatedly that Haines didn?t own the building. The building is actually owned by a Florida resident who acquired it when it was auctioned by the Order of Vikings in recent years.

In the early 20th century, the building was home to the Eagles Temple, and then to the Jamestown Business College. It wasn?t until 1941 that it was sold to the Order of Vikings.

The owner is reportedly en route to Jamestown to inspect the damage.

Ferguson was saddened to learn of the season?s sudden cancellation and offered the arena?s help to the players in the wake of the announcement ? though he was not prepared to get the call early Thursday and learn what some of the players had done.

??I?m ashamed, and it broke my heart when I walked in this morning,?? Ferguson said. ??When we addressed the team yesterday when they had been abandoned by the league, we were trying everything we could to support them.??

But not all the players were involved, according to Ferguson.

??To tell you the truth, a good portion of the team had already left town. A lot of the players already knew they weren?t going to get money out of the league and had already packed up,?? Ferguson said.

For Zach Kane, a Jamestown native who played as a defenseman with the Vikings, that?s the worst of it ? the fact that the wreckage of the Vikings Lodge has hurt the reputation of the entire team, even those who weren?t involved with the incident.

??They more or less disgraced themselves and the team,?? said Kane, who had a handful of players who wanted no part in the mayhem over at his family?s house that night. ??The players were fed up from the beginning. ... But still, what happened last night had no reason for happening.??

Police say they will work with the Chautauqua County District Attorney?s Office and pursue charges against those involved with the incident. Most importantly, according to Isaacson, they hope to ensure the building is restored to the condition it was in before the players relocated there.

??Obviously, the goal here for everyone in the community is to get this up to the way it was,?? said Isaacson, who conservatively estimated the damage to be at least $25,000 and described the act as ??egregious?? and ??intolerable.??

Though many of the players have left town, Isaacson said police will be able to make contact with them if need be. He also said it is possible that some of those responsible may end up serving jail time.

??I don?t think that would be a stretch,?? Isaacson said.

Archived