Big Ten Basketball Tournament Logo

turtle33

Would have been better if there was 10 flag-wheel things and not 11.

Is that an idiotic comment or are you making a statement that the Big 10 should have never expanded to 11 teams? You do know that each flag represents one of the teams in the 11-team Big 10, right?

Edit: You're from Australia. Perhaps you deserve a pass.

Well one would have thought, using basic logic, a basketball league called the 'Big Ten' would have Ten teams and not Eleven.

Big Eleven would make sense if there's 11 teams. That's logical.

Right. Hence my edit, pardoning your mistake.

Well one would have thought, using basic logic, a basketball league called the 'Big Ten' would have Ten teams and not Eleven.

Penn State sucks too much to even be considered a real 'team'.

In basketball, true enough. Overall, though, I'd say Northwestern could go and everything would pretty much go on as usual. Except, the rest of the conference wouldn't have that built-in win in their schedule.

Right. Hence my edit, pardoning your mistake.

Thats aiight.

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

You give us too much credit.....they BEYOND suck....they're probably not a fake team either...

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

In basketball, true enough. Overall, though, I'd say Northwestern could go and everything would pretty much go on as usual. Except, the rest of the conference wouldn't have that built-in win in their schedule.

Northwestern has 3 football titles in the last 12 years and a .500 conference record since 2003. It would actually make more sense to kick NU out based on basketball ineptness. If football is the deciding factor then Indiana goes. I would get rid of Penn State because they were the last to join and I doubt any Big Ten fan would care if they were gone.

As for the logo, not big fan. The 11 colors are a nice idea, but they went overboard with the effects. Tone it down and that could be a nice logo.

I guess I agree with everyone else... it looks like an olympic logo.

As far as who to put out of the Big Ten, my vote would to go Penn State. They shouldn't have been brought in unless the Big Ten was able to confirm the Notre Dame would join as well.

Besides it makes much more sense for Penn State to be in the Big East academically and athletically. But it'll probably never happen.

This logo may represent 11 teams, but it has WAY more than 11 colors.

The cost for making screenprinted merchandise -- like t-shirts, a sports merchandising staple -- bearing that logo will be ridiculous. That will either mean that they have to charge a higher-than-normal price for the shirts or sell them for the standard price and make a considerably lower profit.

When it comes to the design of such event logos, keeping the amount of colors to a dull roar is something that one should have learned in Sports Merchandising 101. It's a shame that nobody involved in this logo development ever took that "class" because, in the end, the client will pay.

Northwestern seems like a logical choice, but it's never gonna happen, and here's why: They are an original member of the Big Ten.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Archived