Philadelphia Flyers Third Jersey

AsM29

Not much to say other than I'd like to hear some feedback.

Flyers3rdJersey.png

It might just be my monitor, but that orange seems to be too...pinkish. I would like to see the Flyers with a fiery orange jersey. It's pretty plain as jerseys go but is well executed. Perhaps add a shoulder patch to spice it up a bit. But like as said, as far as execution goes, its nice and clean.

That is actually their official pantone orange. Also, the flyers have NEVER worn a shoulder patch on any of their jerseys so I wanted to keep to tradition. Also, I forgot to mention that I designed this trying to stay as close to the rbk edge template as possible. Simple and clean is what I was going for. Thanks for your reply.

That is actually their official pantone orange. Also, the flyers have NEVER worn a shoulder patch on any of their jerseys so I wanted to keep to tradition.

Third jerseys are the perfect place to break tradition and do things you wouldn't normally try (i.e. the Rangers statue of liberty jerseys). If this is as far as you're going to take it, you may as well just do an orange version of what they have now.

That is actually their official pantone orange. Also, the flyers have NEVER worn a shoulder patch on any of their jerseys so I wanted to keep to tradition. Also, I forgot to mention that I designed this trying to stay as close to the rbk edge template as possible. Simple and clean is what I was going for. Thanks for your reply.

Ah alright, I always thought it was a shade darker, but I guess not. Anyway, they're definitely sharp, so good job on that. Have the Flyers really NEVER worn a shoulder patch? That's interesting since over-accessorizing jerseys definitely became common in the NHL. Anywho, good job on these, even though the orange still seems too light ;)

85-86_Phil_Richter_frt_small.JPG

That would be the closes the Flyers have ever had to a shoulder patch.

Personally, I don't think I'd want the Flyers to go breaking any traditions. And I imagine this would go for anyone else who is a fan of the team. I think the reaction to the Edge jerseys is proof of that.

To me, and call this boring, the only true third jersey for the Flyers at this point would be their current black jersey, with an orange model taking it's place as the primary home jersey. Said orange jersey would have to somehow resemble one of the two other orange jerseys they've worn. (Not counting the Finding Nemo thing...) But. as I said, I'm something of a tradionalist when it comes to these things, I don't want to see Philadelphia go pull an Islanders manouver.

JerseyDatabase.com - I'm that guy...

I realize that the two oranges are a bit different but the color swatch I used came from an official logo out of a pdf document from their site. It is called PANTONE 172 CV. I may be doing something wrong and if so would someone please explain what is is to me. This whole pantone system confuses the heck out of me.

In 1991-1992 the Flyers wore both the NHL 75th patch and their 25th patch on the right and left shoulders respectively.

best image I could find:

vhs0018.JPG

here's another patch, though I'm not sure what this one is.

JimWatsonFly.JPG

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Those are commemorative patches, and not team logo patches. The difference is that those patches do not go into the jersey concept process. They are simply added to a jersey for the season that they wear it in. The fact of the matter is that the Flyers do not and have never had another logo with the exception of the "3d logo" from their old third jerseys.

If you read the whole thread you'll notice that I have said twice already that this is their official pantone color.

I did read it and i am still saying, it looks off for some reason.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

Archived