Bad color combos

johnnysama

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The AF2's Florida Firecats use a bad color combo, purple and hot pink. Wouldn't it make more sense to use red, orange, yellow, or any other "hot" color that works since they're called the "FIREcats?"

It's not "hot pink":

FloridaFirecats_FRC_9999_SOL.jpg

The AF2's Florida Firecats use a bad color combo, purple and hot pink. Wouldn't it make more sense to use red, orange, yellow, or any other "hot" color that works since they're called the "FIREcats?"

It's not "hot pink":

FloridaFirecats_FRC_9999_SOL.jpg

From looking at the logo, it still looks more pink than red. Either way, it's still a disgusting combo.

4720.gif

Turquoise, pink, orange and black.

Thank goodness that was only on the logo and not the uniform.

And thank goodness that the logo was dumped in favor of the the newer logo they have now.

YOZXkBG.png?1

Baby-blue and brown.

That's Tufts University - funny, but baby blue and brown were "in" colors for women's fashion this fall.

i don't know how that became a fad but baby blue and brown is probably the single ugliest color scheme. If you go to the walmart stationery department, theres this section of baby blue and brown desk items. funny part is everyone i have talked to about it says the color scheme is awful. suprisingly theres never an out over in that section. i talked to the dep't manager over there about that and she told me, "i thought they would sell" i said, "not with that awful color scheme"

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Most "Bad" combos feature colors that are too 'close' together:

Yellow and Orange. No one uses this scheme - and for good reason.

Brown and Green (Kelly, Lime or Forest). Ditto.

Brown and Purple.

Brown and Navy.

Purple and Royal Blue.

Purple and Navy.

One non close combo that is rarely, if ever used, is red and KELLY green. It just screams "Christmas!" It's funny; that little tweak from Kelly Green to Forest green makes it okay.

Other than that, I'm open to everything-- lime green and (dark) purple, magenta and orange, teal and purple, old gold and white, brown and red--- BRING IT!!

It is what it is.

Most "Bad" combos feature colors that are too 'close' together:

Yellow and Orange. No one uses this scheme - and for good reason.

Brown and Green (Kelly, Lime or Forest). Ditto.

Brown and Purple.

Brown and Navy.

Purple and Royal Blue.

Purple and Navy.

One non close combo that is rarely, if ever used, is red and KELLY green. It just screams "Christmas!" It's funny; that little tweak from Kelly Green to Forest green makes it okay.

Other than that, I'm open to everything-- lime green and (dark) purple, magenta and orange, teal and purple, old gold and white, brown and red--- BRING IT!!

Red and Kelly Green brought this to mind:

Raleigh-DurhamSkyhawks_FRC_1991_SOL.jpg

I liked those.

As fas as colors that are too close together, I give you THIS monstrosity:

JamestownJammers_FRC_9999_SOL.jpg

Why on EARTH would anyone put those shades of "Light Navy" and "Dark Purple" together?

:blink:

4720.gif

Turquoise, pink, orange and black.

Thank goodness that was only on the logo and not the uniform.

Never on the unis, but were on the warmups for a while.

I saw them live; they looked like a bad salsa band on the sidelines.

Baby-blue and brown.

That's Tufts University - funny, but baby blue and brown were "in" colors for women's fashion this fall.

i don't know how that became a fad but baby blue and brown is probably the single ugliest color scheme. If you go to the walmart stationery department, theres this section of baby blue and brown desk items. funny part is everyone i have talked to about it says the color scheme is awful. suprisingly theres never an out over in that section. i talked to the dep't manager over there about that and she told me, "i thought they would sell" i said, "not with that awful color scheme"

Yep. Tufts isn't so good:

TuftsU_OFF_9999_SOL.jpg

See, I think that's a fantastic color combination.

I'm with ya. Light blue and brown is a terrific color combo -- though like anything, it can be done badly.

But then again, I like the Fresno Grizzlies uniforms and logos in addition to their colors, with the exception of the off-center placement of the one cap logo. And I also like the West Virginia Power, though that team doesn't really have a "color combination" as it has a basket of different shades of the same color.

I don't mind garish colors (hot pink! electric green! yuck!) as much as I mind the juxtaposition of colors that are too similar in tone. Navy and black, for example, or purple and navy, or navy and dark green, or teal and royal blue. Brighter or lighter colors are more forgiving in this regard; a light pastel blue will not clash with a light pastel green the same way that dark navy and dark green will clash.

But I think I can name my least-favorite color combination: Blue, orange, and black. The San Francisco Giants prove that orange and black and look good. The pre-1998 Mets prove that blue and orange can look good. And the St. Paul Saints prove that blue and black can look good. But today's Mets have tried so many different variations on blue, orange, and black that I think it's safe to conclude that it is not possible to make those three colors look good together.

20082614447.png

green,yellow, and red. not like rasta, like what the barcelona dragons wore

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

Orange & Kelly Green - That might be the color of Florida A&M and Miami Univ, but man that hurts to see those colors together.

I'm a long-time lurker on this board and this post finally made me comment. The colors of Miami University (in Ohio) are red and white. The colors of the University of Miami (in Florida) are green and orange. These two schools are definitely not interchangeable.

(...and yes I am a proud graduate of Miami University)

In order to post something of value pertaining to this particular topic, I would add whatever colr scheme the Seattle Seahwks switched to when they changed their uniforms last. The blues are too close together and the old scheme was classy and looked really good.

z9e0rqit393ojiizsemd0t1hx.gif74937881997.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)North Carolina Tar Heels (2015 - Pres)

Archived