Who has worn hockey jersey #36?

spyboy1

I recently resorted my jersey database by uniform number and realized that I have a jersey with every number from 1-40 with the exception of uniform #36.

Off the top of my head, I can't think of anyone who wore that number to consider putting on a jersey.

I'm not going to put too many restrictions on suggestions either. NHL (even All-Star games) or National Team jerseys (Canada, USA, Russia, etc.) are both fine.

Please not any college though. And try to limit your suggestions to roughly 1980 or newer. I at least want to have a chance to acquire the jersey for the player in question. :hockeysmiley:

Bonus points for any teams I don't have in my collection like the Seals, Scouts or Rockies.

Any suggestions of who to consider to fill the gap in my collection?

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm. I see Jesse Boulerice wore 36. Probably not a jersey you'd want to get though. :Oo:

Also, I can't think of a single Canuck who wore 36. I'm sure someone has though, maybe a back up goalie of some variety. I'd need web access to Don Taylor's brain to figure it out though.

Mark (Marc?) Staal wears #36 for the Rangers. I think Micheal Nylander wore #36 back in the Whaler days.

I forgot to mention this in my first post, but the cutoff date is 2006-07 because Reebok Edge jerseys are not eligible since I'm not buying any of those things. :cursing:

Good one about Nylander being a Whaler. That's a jersey style I don't have. Using the link to HockeyWidgets.com, I also found that Glen Featherstone wore #36 for The Whale as well.

Barnaby is a good suggestion since it's a classic style and a player we've actually heard of. Some of those HockeyWidgets dudes are pretty anonymous guys, but that probably has to do with wearing a non-traditional number like 36 to begin with.

Keep 'em coming!

HansonsSig.jpg

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Strangely, the first name that came to mind was Philippe Bozon, who played for the Blues 1991-95 and wore 36. Since the Blues have their all-time numerical roster on their website, I could verify it, and give you this list:

Number: 36

Ken Richardson, Neil Labatte, Rob Tudor, Rob Whistle, Glen Featherstone, Philippe Bozon, Glenn Anderson, Kevin Sawyer, J.J. Daigneault, Scott Pellerin, Robert Petrovicky, Byran Helmer, Dan Trebil, Jesse Boulerice

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Hmm. I see Jesse Boulerice wore 36. Probably not a jersey you'd want to get though. :Oo:

Also, I can't think of a single Canuck who wore 36. I'm sure someone has though, maybe a back up goalie of some variety. I'd need web access to Don Taylor's brain to figure it out though.

Chris McAllister, Dane Jackson, Jannik Hanson, Josh Green, Ryan Bonni, Jim Agnew, and Brian Loney.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

Jeff Odgers - the original teal Sharks jersey (and the original Sharks goon....)

And really obsucure, but Marc Bergevin wore 36 for the Whalers for a couple seasons.

I don't think that any Barons or Rockies ever wore the number 36, and as far as I know neither did any of the Seals...

JerseyDatabase.com - I'm that guy...

http://www.azhockey.com/shirts/shirts36.html

My pick would be Juha Ylonen simply because he would fill both the #36 slot and the Y slot on your roster.

Rumun Ndur would also be a good choice as you would save $250 by not having to buy an extra vowel.

The Bruin fan in me says you should pick Dave Reid. Actually, any Bruin would be fine except for Jim Wiemer, quite possibly the slowest player in NHL 94 for the Sega Genesis.

http://www.azhockey.com/shirts/shirts36.html

My pick would be Juha Ylonen simply because he would fill both the #36 slot and the Y slot on your roster.

Rumun Ndur would also be a good choice as you would save $250 by not having to buy an extra vowel.

The Bruin fan in me says you should pick Dave Reid. Actually, any Bruin would be fine except for Jim Wiemer, quite possibly the slowest player in NHL 94 for the Sega Genesis.

Wow. That link was exactly the thing I needed for something like this. Man I love The Internets.

Up until now the lowest missing number from my collection was 23, and I have that coming any day now from the customizers. I went with a red Sabres alternate Drury #23 with the patch they wore the night they retired Pat Lafontaine's number.

The frontrunner so far is either a Nylander or a Glen Featherstone Whalers, but I've got to study that list and see what else is an option jersey-wise. Brian Propp is a name that stands out, but I have the Bruins fairly well covered.

Once I get #1-40 done, the temptation to do #0 and #00 will probably be too much to resist. I'm also starting to question why I sold my #41 Thibault Blackhawks jersey...

HansonsSig.jpg

barnaby_m_H2.jpg

Matthew Barnaby

anyone but Barnaby... I try not o let myself get too venomous at individual players, but Barnaby is one guy that I just loathe. I'm glad he packed his bags and retired, good riddance.

Dmitri Yushkevich for Florida could be a good one, but I'd say Todd Marchant of the Oilers would be a good bet

anyone but Barnaby... I try not o let myself get too venomous at individual players, but Barnaby is one guy that I just loathe. I'm glad he packed his bags and retired, good riddance.

Dmitri Yushkevich for Florida could be a good one, but I'd say Todd Marchant of the Oilers would be a good bet

Todd Marchant? Isn't he Mr. Knee on Knee Hit?

I know what you are saying about Barnaby. I feel the same way about Jarkko Ruutu times 10.

HansonsSig.jpg

Todd Marchant? Isn't he Mr. Knee on Knee Hit?

I know what you are saying about Barnaby. I feel the same way about Jarkko Ruutu times 10.

HansonsSig.jpg

Archived