A-Rod Opts Out

Waffles

Here's how the Dude is handicapping the race.

1. Angels

2. Red Sox

3. Dodgers

4. Giants (hey, the last few years of your franchise's existence was devoted solely to the Bonds HR chase, why not the next five?)

5. Cubs

Dark horse: White Sox, looking to make a splash. Reinsdorf has the money if he wanted to spend it, and the Sox could make some of that cash up in ticket sales, jersey sales, and hopefully winning and getting into the post-season.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think A-Rod's contract demands would be too much for everyone, which would mean he will have to resort to playing for...

... the Long Beach Armada of Los Angeles of California of the United States of North America Including Barrow, Alaska.

I saw, I came, I left.

So the Yankees arch-nemeses are six outs away from their second World Championship in four seasons, and one of the best players of all time decides to leave them rather than accept the Yankees' reportedly astronomical extension offer. Oh, fun.

Are the Red Sox the arch-nemeses of the Yankees? Let me laugh out loud. :D

The Yankees hadn't any arch-nemeses.

Does mortal enemies work? ^_^

Yeaaaah, motion approved!!!

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

Well one thing's for sure, we're finishing ahead of the Yankees in 2008 :)

I'm not so sure....ESPN NEWS is saying Girardi got offered the Yankees manager job.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Besides being a Red Sox fan, I'm also a Giants fan.

Although A-Rod could give a big bat to SF, I dislike him. Despite his recent, good work ethic, he was a negative aura.

Joe Torre, if he comes to SF, welcome!!!

BTW...

1192194744_2243.jpg

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

Here's how the Dude is handicapping the race.

1. Angels

2. Red Sox

3. Dodgers

4. Giants (hey, the last few years of your franchise's existence was devoted solely to the Bonds HR chase, why not the next five?)

5. Cubs

Dark horse: White Sox, looking to make a splash. Reinsdorf has the money if he wanted to spend it, and the Sox could make some of that cash up in ticket sales, jersey sales, and hopefully winning and getting into the post-season.

I'd add the Mets to that list as well from what I've heard.

Although A-Rod could give a big bat to SF, I dislike him. Despite his recent, good work ethic, he was a negative aura.

BTW...

1192194744_2243.jpg

FTW! ^_^

why do so many people want a-rod? i wouldn't want him. yeah hes good in the regular season but he's casper in the postseason. why waste money on a playoff ghost when you get 2 or 3 guys for the same amount money that might not be stars but servicable players that could get hot in the playoffs and take you to the world series.

note to the cubs, please sign A-Rod so the world can be spared a cubs world series championship for a few more years.

(for the record, i got no ill feelings towards the cubs or anything, i just like picking on the team thats completely useless at baseball in september)

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

"Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya."

THe Yankees need to get back to their '96 roots. Mostly home-grown talent with a sprinkle of big names. Not "BIG NAMES EVERYWHERE!!!!"

This is a step in the right direction.

except that they were reportedly trying to offer him the richest contract in the history of baseball, so it's not really a step so much as a stumble.

(for the record, i got no ill feelings towards the cubs or anything, i just like picking on the team thats completely useless at baseball in september)

Says the Brewers fan...

... That's right..... because we all know the cubs are useless in October...

I saw, I came, I left.

BTW...

1192194744_2243.jpg

FTW! ^_^

why do so many people want a-rod? i wouldn't want him. yeah hes good in the regular season but he's casper in the postseason. why waste money on a playoff ghost when you get 2 or 3 guys for the same amount money that might not be stars but servicable players that could get hot in the playoffs and take you to the world series.

note to the cubs, please sign A-Rod so the world can be spared a cubs world series championship for a few more years.

If I remember correctly, when he was with Cleveland, there was a time when Manny Ramirez was considered something of a postseason choker himself. Wasn't there?

By the way, A-Rod's postseason numbers aren't that bad for a mortal hitter... they're just bad for A-Rod. Up until game 4 of 2004, he had great postseason numbers... and he's not the only one that hasn't gotten it done for the Yankees.

IUe6Hvh.png

If I remember correctly, when he was with Cleveland, there was a time when Manny Ramirez was considered something of a postseason choker himself. Wasn't there?

I don't recall Manny ever being anything but Manny. Just like now he had his head up his ass at times in Cleveland but he seems like pretty much the same player now that I remember when he was here. I could be wrong on his postseason stats but he was never considered a choker here.

He came up with the Indians and started hitting in his first game (which was against the Yankees I believe) and he hasn't stopped hitting since.

BB52Big.jpg

I don't recall Manny ever being anything but Manny. Just like now he had his head up his ass at times in Cleveland but he seems like pretty much the same player now that I remember when he was here. I could be wrong on his postseason stats but he was never considered a choker here.

He came up with the Indians and started hitting in his first game (which was against the Yankees I believe) and he hasn't stopped hitting since.

You're probably right, you'd know better than I would. I remember hearing that about him somewhere. Maybe 'choker' is too strong a word, though, looking at his first few postseasons' numbers, his numbers were a bit subpar for Manny but they hardly look like A-Rod's since game 4 of 2004.

I think A-Rod to Los Angeles makes the most sense, though I'm not sure how willing he would be to follow Joe Torre, since I'm not sure how well the two got a long. But most of their big contracts are up after this year, and they'll have a lot of young, cheap talent to surround him with -- league minimum guys with a ton of upside. A lineup consisting of Alex Rodriguez, Russell Martin, James Loney, Matt Kemp, Delwyn Young, Andre Ethier and some of their other young talent? Thats a team that can dominate for the next ten years.

At first I was wanting him in Boston but the more I think about it, the more happy I am with what we've got. Trade Coco Crisp for a SP or a MRP and the Red Sox should be even better next year.

IUe6Hvh.png

I think A-Rod as far as players go would rather play in Anaheim with Vlad, but as far as managers go I think he'd definitely love to play with Sweet Lou.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived