Boston Red Sox: World Champions Again

Mac the Knife

How many teams that look good in losing a championship game ever actually come back? I can think of the Cardinals as one to actually win after losing, but otherwise, there's the Rams, Raiders, Panthers, Eagles, Seahawks, Bears, Giants, Yankees, Tigers, and Astros who all have won nothing since getting to their championship games/series.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey Boston:

How's it feel to be hated around the country?

Not the cute loveable losers anymore.

Only 20 more to go.

Signed,

A Yankees Fan

I'd rather be a hated winner than a loved loser -- unless you're hated for the reasons the Patriots are. You know how it feels$. ^_^

We won't catch the Yankees. Ever. But keep living in the past... because as far as the present is concerned... it's the Yankees playing catchup to the Red Sox. :D

IUe6Hvh.png

Hey Boston:

Only 20 more to go.

Signed,

A Yankees Fan

I'd rather be a hated winner than a loved loser -- unless you're hated for the reasons the Patriots are. You know how it feels$. ^_^

We won't catch the Yankees. Ever. But keep living in the past... because as far as the present is concerned... it's the Yankees playing catchup to the Red Sox. :D

The Yankees will NEVER play catch-up to the Red Sox. Until you have 26 lovely little banners a-fluttering around that crapshack of a ballpark, you'll always be chasing the Yankees, as is every other team.

But that's ok. Keep hoping and wishing.

Maybe is you pretend reaaaaaaal hard, you'll actually believe you have the better franchise.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I'll say it again, I wish NO CONGRATS to the Red Sox. I hope they all die horrible deaths during the offseason.

Disclaimer: Anything I say tonight is just venting, nothing more.

... you can congratulate the Red Sox.... just not their fans.... ^_^

I saw, I came, I left.

I'll say it again, I wish NO CONGRATS to the Red Sox. I hope they all die horrible deaths during the offseason.

Disclaimer: Anything I say tonight is just venting, nothing more.

... you can congratulate hate the Red Sox.... just not as well as their fans.... ^_^

Fixed that for ya.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

And they say money can't buy happiness. Well, it buys you a world series. Happy?

In all honesty, one thing the Red Sox have over the other money-grubbers is some development and rookies, etc. Pedroia, for instance, was as big as anyone who they paid way too much for.

Some development? Papelbon, Pedroia, Ellsbury, Delcarmen and Youkilis all came up through the Red Sox system. Lester might have as well, but I'm not sure.

The thing about the current regime of Epstein, Warner and Henry is that even though they have acquired many high priced free agents and players through trades, they didn't gut their system to do it.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Although for the record....I hated Boston before hating Boston became trendy.

Unless it became trendy in 1975, so have I. The winning isn't what makes me dislike them. It was always the fans and their constant whining and acting like they were owed a world series title simply because they hadn't won one in such a long time. They acted like they were some great franchise that just couldn't get a break. The reality was they just weren't that good most of the time. If they had won in 1986 it would have been considered an upset. Even more so in 1975. The recent teams that lost to the Yankees in the playoffs simply weren't as good as the Yankees. There was never a curse. There were just Red Sox teams with glaring holes that better teams exploited. My hope was that by winning in 2004 their fans would finally shut the :censored: up. As we have seen that hasn't been the case at all.

I don't blame the lifetime fans for the current Red Sox backlash. I think most true Red Sox fans are handling this with dignity and appreciation. They have been through the worst of it. The problem now is all the "fashion" fans who are ruining it for everyone else. I believe the patron saint of all things Boston Bill Simmons even addressed this in one of his columns (in between his idiotic references to Las Vegas and The OC of course.) There should be some sort of membership test for Red Sox fans. At least that way the real fans could be separated from the front running clowns.

Say what you want about Yankee fans but most of them act like they've been there before.

BB52Big.jpg

Hey Boston:

Only 20 more to go.

Signed,

A Yankees Fan

The Yankees will NEVER play catch-up to the Red Sox. Until you have 26 lovely little banners a-fluttering around that crapshack of a ballpark, you'll always be chasing the Yankees, as is every other team.

But that's ok. Keep hoping and wishing.

Maybe is you pretend reaaaaaaal hard, you'll actually believe you have the better franchise.

They may not have been the better franchise from 1920-2003, but they've kicked asses (both yours and ours) before then and ever since.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

Kinger, seven years ago, about the same time the Yankees won their last little banner, every male in America wanted to bone Britney Spears. It's 2007, and the only people "chasing" her have standards lower than A-Rod's batting average in months beginning with "S" and "O".

And I've been to Yankee Stadium. That's not exactly Versailles, either.

philly.png

So, I'm gathering that the World Series is over. I'll be honest, I'm surprised at how little I cared. I was into '04, '05 (obviously), and '06, but this year...I don't know.

And, I've been to Yankee Stadium, too. The feeling of walking in there is cool, but the sightlines are awful, and it felt like I had to walk up 30 or 40 concrete ramps to get to my seats.

So, I'm gathering that the World Series is over. I'll be honest, I'm surprised at how little I cared. I was into '04, '05 (obviously), and '06, but this year...I don't know.

I don't think I've been emotionally invested in any sport for about five years. Heck, I didn't even care about the World Series last year, and I'm a Detroiter. I still watch the Lions every week, but that's about it--and based on the outcome, I'm either happy or mad for about five minutes after it ends. Then it's forgotten.

Jay Mariotti wrote this about the Red Sox in today's Chicago Sun-Times:

They have become the closest thing America has to a dream team, impossible to hate even with a $140 million payroll and the presumptuous slogan that they play in ``America's Most Beloved Ballpark.''

I can't help but wonder if he's right, or if this is just the next in a long line of comments and articles that shows just how far Mariotti has his finger from the pulse of the American sports fan. Are they impossible to hate? I don't hate them, but I can certainly see and feel some Red Sox (and Boston, in general) backlash in the air.

So, I put it to you, the CCSLC. Do you hate the Red Sox?

I hate that the media treats the Red Sox and the Yankees as the only two MLB franchises.

Other than that, no, I can't say I hate them.

philly.png

I hate that the media treats the Red Sox and the Yankees as the only two MLB franchises.

Other than that, no, I can't say I hate them.

Yeah ESPN is bringing alot of the hate by their over-coverage of large market teams, I think the main reason I hate the Red Sox, Yankees, Cubs, Patriots, Giants, Jets, Bears and Lakers is due to those being the teams ESPN shoves down everyone's throats.

So could Boston pull off the sports championship grand slam, World Series, Super Bowl, NBA Championship and Final #1 ranking in College Football in the same season. I can't see the Celtics winning the NBA title but BC has a easy road to the BCS Game most likely against Ohio State who would have not played for over a month going into the game.

Hate the Red Sox? Nah.

Envy them? Nah.

Happy for them? I guess.

The only sports-related people or entities I outright have animosity toward are Art Modell and Barry Bonds - though my animosity toward the ownership of the Pittsburgh Pirates in general is growing. Modell because he allowed his business incompetence to screw hundreds of thousands of Browns fans out of their team, and Bonds because of his personal behavior both on and off the field. My anger toward the Pirates is also related to their incompetence/unwillingness to do what it takes to win.

nav-logo.png

I don't hate the Red Sox or Boston sports franchises. I'm just envious of what they're getting right now. This city is on the best sports championship run that any city has ever had. They've had two world series, three super bowls and a fourth super bowl on the way and yet I don't see the fans as being over appreciative of it. Maybe that's because the only boston sports fan I know is Bill Simmons, but all the guy does is bitch about the Red Sox when right now, they and their fans have had it phenomenonally. Now that the Celtics are good, he and the rest of Boston will focus all of their energy on how crappy the Bruins are. Mark my words you will see a Bill Simmons article about how the Bruins have fallen because that's all their is left to complain about.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I don't hate the Red Sox or Boston sports franchises. I'm just envious of what they're getting right now. This city is on the best sports championship run that any city has ever had. They've had two world series, three super bowls and a fourth super bowl on the way and yet I don't see the fans as being over appreciative of it. Maybe that's because the only boston sports fan I know is Bill Simmons, but all the guy does is bitch about the Red Sox when right now, they and their fans have had it phenomenonally. Now that the Celtics are good, he and the rest of Boston will focus all of their energy on how crappy the Bruins are. Mark my words you will see a Bill Simmons article about how the Bruins have fallen because that's all their is left to complain about.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived