If You Ever See This Guy...

Mac the Knife

Balls. That's what that guy has. Balls.

Not to mention an amazing amount of luck, that the remotes he had just happened to work on a bunch of randomly selected TVs.

Or did he case the places he was going to strike beforehand, find out the makes/models of the TVs, then get himself universal remotes and the codes needed to get them to work on those TVs? In that case he just has waaaaaaay too much time on his hands. :D

Not to mention an amazing amount of luck, that the remotes he had just happened to work on a bunch of randomly selected TVs.

Or did he case the places he was going to strike beforehand, find out the makes/models of the TVs, then get himself universal remotes and the codes needed to get them to work on those TVs? In that case he just has waaaaaaay too much time on his hands. :D

All you need to know is the Brand of TV. That could be checked quite easily. Then you enter a code and you're done. And that was really funny.

All you need to know is the Brand of TV. That could be checked quite easily. Then you enter a code and you're done. And that was really funny.

...that's why the video shows him punching in the codes beforehand.

Perceptive fellows 'round these parts... :P

I indict this guy, but I was reminded by a friend of a similar prank I pulled on his next door neighbor (another friend of ours) who had the same type of TV I did at the time.

Anytime I'd visit his house I brought the remote. The houses were positioned in just such a fashion that I could point the remote out his living room window and have the signal go across the roughly 40 feet between houses, through *his* living room window, and to the TV.

My gag was simply to switch channels on him, without regard to what might've been on. This was nearly 20 years ago so I'd forgotten about it entirely, but now that I've seen this I feel a little, well, something.

Archived