Nike and the NFL strikes deal over the use of Nike check

jay_zoe2

Like the title states, the NFL and Nike have come to an agreement to allow Nike to have it's check logo shown on the gloves of players endorsed by Nike. Previously, only Reebok (the uniform supplier to the NFL) was able to have it's logo shown on gloves. The deal will come into effect after week 8.

It's just one step closer to Nike getting back into the NFL .

I don't really see Nike getting back in the NFL uniform game for a longtime. They actually had plenty of chances to be the supplier of the NFL, but at the time, Nike didn't think the investment would be worth it. The same thing with the NBA contract. A few years back (before Adidas took over the deal), the NBA and Reebok pretty much were giving the contract to Nike, but they opted to only take on the USA basketball endorsement.

At the height of the jersey sales, Reebok pulled a Yankees and overbid for the NBA and NFL contract. The NFL contract has proven to be worth the investment, but the NBA deal was and is still losing millions of dollars each year. Yes, NBA jerseys are selling, but the premiun they are paying for the deal isn't really worth it. Like Nike, Adidas can afford to take a loss to gain exposure, but Reebok on the other hand doesn't have that financial luxury.

Like Nike, Adidas can afford to take a loss to gain exposure, but Reebok on the other hand doesn't have that financial luxury.

Doesn't Adidas own Reebok now? I thought they were basically one and the same.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I don't think that NIKE will have as much freedom as they have in college football when they work with NFL teams. The NFL is highly guarded and aware of their brands and anything associated with them, so I can't forsee NIKE even attempting an Oregon style change to any current team.

Still doesn't mean that they can't and won't design a :censored:ty uniform though.

I don't think that NIKE will have as much freedom as they have in college football when they work with NFL teams. The NFL is highly guarded and aware of their brands and anything associated with them, so I can't forsee NIKE even attempting an Oregon style change to any current team.

Um....

ef73a4a2-1411-42b9-97be-a229f122e59a.jpg

:blink:

Nike is responsible for the Broncos template. IF they get into the NFL uniform design business again, I hope they give teams the treatment that they give schools like Penn St., Alabama, LSU, USC, and many others, instead of doing what they did to VT, Oregon, and Miami.

But then again, I'm not about to be like "O NOEZ NIKEE IZ GUNNA RUIN MAI FOOTBALL TEAMZ NOOOEEEEZZZZ." if they make uniforms for the NFL again.

Nike is responsible for the Broncos template. IF they get into the NFL uniform design business again, I hope they give teams the treatment that they give schools like Penn St., Alabama, LSU, USC, and many others, instead of doing what they did to VT, Oregon, and Miami.

But then again, I'm not about to be like "O NOEZ NIKEE IZ GUNNA RUIN MAI FOOTBALL TEAMZ NOOOEEEEZZZZ." if they make uniforms for the NFL again.

Nike can't make the Falcons look any worse.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

Um....

the best monocrome in the leauge!

Um....

the best monocrome in the leauge!

Best and monochrome should never be used in the same sentence when speaking of football uniforms.

Archived