Michael Vick thing I did in school

chestnutz

Well in my art class we had to make a 5x7 postcard for a contest, and my teacher wanted it to be for a cause. My cause was dogfighting, and although I kind of strayed away from that and more into Vick, I don't really care haha. They're supposed to be hand drawn but I did mine in photoshop.

Just wanted to get some CC before I handed it in and felt like posting it.

fullvickcopy.png

There's some typos in there that I'll fix later, just ignore them for now.

You strayed away from dogfighting, it was supposed to be hand drawn, and you're missing at least one comma.

This should go well.

The reason the one on the right is in color is because I wanted to make that the present and the left the past. Like I said I know there are typos (including that comma), and I should've made it clearer it was'nt "supposed" to be hand drawn, but most are. She let people take pictures and such for it.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

I really think you need a different font ? something thicker. The font you have now is rather wispy and thin, and really gets lost up against some of the other design elements. Look especially at where "totally ask" runs up against the white nose bumper on Vick's helmet. The Y and the A just disappear. Now, a thicker font wouldn't completely solve that problem; you might also need a black drop shadow or something to set the white text off against white elements.

The "Prevent Dogfighting" bit, I think, needs to be larger and more prominent. I honestly missed it until the third or fourth time I looked at the postcard. That's the whole point of this thing, right? Make it bigger and bolder, and don't tuck it away up in the corner or along the edge.

I would also parse the quote differently. Where the line breaks are right now, it reads kinds of weirdly. I'd go with something more like:

"I TOTALLY ASK FOR FORGIVENESS AND UNDERSTANDING

AS I MOVE FORWARD TO BETTERING

MICHAEL VICK THE PERSON,

NOT THE FOOTBALL PLAYER."

Of course, that's all contingent on getting it to fit around the other elements you have in there.

Is this the political cartoon contest? If it is then as of right now you fail horribly. Regardless all it is is a couple of Photoshop filters used with a bad choice of font in a poorly composed image. Sorry man but its time to scrap it and go back to the drawing board (literally).

The "Prevent Dogfighting" bit, I think, needs to be larger and more prominent. I honestly missed it until the third or fourth time I looked at the postcard.

I looked at it three or four times last night and still didn't see it.

EDIT: I finally found where it says "prevent dogfighting". It's almost imperceptible--I can't fathom that, when it's supposed to be the entire thrust of the thing. Furthermore, it just seems like a clumsy phrase. How do you "prevent" it?

Is this the political cartoon contest? If it is then as of right now you fail horribly. Regardless all it is is a couple of Photoshop filters used with a bad choice of font in a poorly composed image. Sorry man but its time to scrap it and go back to the drawing board (literally).

Are you going to post your contest entry?

Are you going to post your contest entry?

No....considering I did mine in 6th grade and that was 13 years ago so it saw the landfill long ago. I'll post some stuff from my architecture studio if you want.

Archived