removing screen printing.

HatManTC

since Champs is a corperate sponsor for the NHL, they are giving their Employees(in local markets, i do believe) free jerseys, that have the champs logo on them. one of my good friends is a store manager, and half his employees could get a Shiat less about hockey, so he's getting me a jersey. i was wondering if there was any way i could get the screen printed CHAMPS logo off it without damaging the jeresy itself.

OhioStateBuckeyesLightBanner.png by RoscoeUA

hailtothechief.png by gingerbreadman

What kind of material is the Champs Sports logo screenprinted onto? I know that there is a way to remove dried ink from cotton T-shirts (my girlfriend did this a few times to correct some stray ink spots on some of her T-shirt designs), but I'd have to ask her how she did it when she gets home from work tonight. I should have an answer by tomorrow...

QPR%20Sig.png

At the screenprinting place I work at during the offseason, we use acetone (sp?), I believe, to remove stray ink spots. It's applied after it has been through the dryer, and quality control will sometimes use it when they're checking shirts that have been done for awhile, so I assume it doesn't have to be applied immediately after being printed. Though I'm not for sure on how long or what materials, exactly, it can be used on, it's something worth checking, I guess.

At the screenprinting place I work at during the offseason, we use acetone (sp?), I believe, to remove stray ink spots. It's applied after it has been through the dryer, and quality control will sometimes use it when they're checking shirts that have been done for awhile, so I assume it doesn't have to be applied immediately after being printed. Though I'm not for sure on how long or what materials, exactly, it can be used on, it's something worth checking, I guess.

Sounds like a reasonable solution. And when you get frustrated that the screen printing isn't coming off, you can huff the acetone and feel better about it all.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

How big and prominent is this logo? Got any photos?

Perhaps there's other options to cover it up rather than remove it.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Perhaps there's other options to cover it up rather than remove it.

I'd be thinking patch -- large or small are both readily available online.

If it's a legit NHL team jersey with a small Champs logo (like a typical sponsored giveaway), I'd look for some kind of commemorative patch for that team.

If it's a "Champs" jersey, maybe the colors lend it to some NHL team.

Archived