WHL Oil Kings changing name

OMMF

http://www.oilkings.ca/hm/inside.php?sid=1...59b68feae39a589

Rodeo takes over Rexall Place every November for 5 days when the Canadian Finals Rodeo comes to Edmonton. This year the festivities will kick off a few days earlier with a Western Hockey League game between the Edmonton Rodeo Kings and the Everett Silvertips Thursday, November 1st.

That's right. The WHL has granted permission to its newest franchise, the Oil Kings, to change their name and jerseys for one special night for charity.

I can only imagine how terrible these jerseys are going to look. Pics later, hopefully.

I've seen the jerseys, they were shown during the Oilers PPV broadcast... they're gross. They say Rodeo Kings in the script instead of Oil Kings, and they're yellow and black I believe.

Not very good looking, but they're for a good cause and represent something good, so as long as they're not seen or heard from often, I'm fine with it.

Same with the Padres camo jerseys that everyone seems to hate - it represents a good cause so what's the big deal?

I've seen the jerseys, they were shown during the Oilers PPV broadcast... they're gross. They say Rodeo Kings in the script instead of Oil Kings, and they're yellow and black I believe.

Not very good looking, but they're for a good cause and represent something good, so as long as they're not seen or heard from often, I'm fine with it.

Same with the Padres camo jerseys that everyone seems to hate - it represents a good cause so what's the big deal?

http://www.oilkings.ca/hm/inside.php?id=115

http://www.oilkings.ca/hm/inside.php?id=115

Oh dear lord, those are terrible.

Reminds me of when the Columbus Chill,changed their name for halloween one year. They became the Mad Cows for one night.

I was thinking of the El Paso Cow Patties...

El_Paso_Buzzards_cowpatties.png

I guess Chicken, I.R. Baboon, and I.M. Weasel were busy that night...

(and yes, that is a steaming pile in the lower left)

I saw some highlights from the game this morning and I have to wonder whose idea was it to make Everett wear their WHITE jerseys. :blink: (the lone goal scored by the Silvertips was a "lacrosse" style goal much like Crosby did)

Whites on the road in the W so that's probably the only set the Tips brought on their Eastern swing.

Archived