Casper Rockies now the Casper Ghosts

Dilbert

As a resident of casper I never paid a whole lot of attention to the Casper Rockies and it was only this last season I actually attended a game. The one thing I noticed is a ton of Colorado Rockies hats in the stands. Its hard to sell that awful casper rockies hat they had when you can easily just buy the major league hat with a C and an interlocking R. When the first announced it I loved the name but was scared when I saw the pics of casper the friendly ghost and thought they would pass that off as the logo. When i finally saw the logo I hated it, since then though i've been bothering the team almost weekly asking when they were gonna get hats in. I'll probably catch a game or two and waste time until the Wyoming Cavalry games. I just hope that the AIFA western division is better than last year's NIFL but it probably won't.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just thought I would add that lucky I got one of the road ball caps as a xmas gift so I thought I would share some pics. Unfortunately its too big so I have to get a smaller hat thus all the stickers are still on it. Just wanted to point out that the orange color is deeper in person than in pic.

ghost_normal.jpg

and the glow in the dark was a bit hard to capture

Ghost_glow.jpg

I just thought I would add that lucky I got one of the road ball caps as a xmas gift so I thought I would share some pics. Unfortunately its too big so I have to get a smaller hat thus all the stickers are still on it. Just wanted to point out that the orange color is deeper in person than in pic.

ghost_normal.jpg

and the glow in the dark was a bit hard to capture

Ghost_glow.jpg

The Rockies dugout store are not selling the hats yet. They used to sell the Casper Rockies ones, but I guess they don't have these one yet in stock...obviously you can order them online.

"Mr. President, call in the National Guard! Send as many men as you can spare! Because we are killing the Patriots! They need emergency help!" - Shannon Sharpe

Just wanted to point out that the orange color is deeper in person than in pic.

Thanks for the pictures; it's fantastic to see the real thing.

When you get your right-sized cap, any chance you could find something with a more normal, bright-orange hue to photograph the cap with so that we can see a comparison?

20082614447.png

obviously you can order them online.

Actually this was purchased at a Pro Image in Casper, WY

When you get your right-sized cap, any chance you could find something with a more normal, bright-orange hue to photograph the cap with so that we can see a comparison?

Done and Done

Ghost_compare.jpg

its sitting on a replica broncos jersey and next to Scrubs season 6

Thanks! That's a terrific picture for helping everyone see just what shade of orange the Ghosts are using.

And I'm officially upgrading my opinion of this uniform design slightly. I really thought orange was the wrong choice here; I thought dark red ("brick") was the way to go. But that dark orange is sweet. A Ghosts jersey is now pretty well cemented on my must-have list.

20082614447.png

Just to take this a bit further, here's two thread equivalents for their Rust color - showing the Robison-Anton and Madeira thread colors:

RA-2581.jpgMA-1021.jpg

One more indication how matching up colors is not an exact science.

(although, I'm working on it!)

Thanks! That's a terrific picture for helping everyone see just what shade of orange the Ghosts are using...

You're testing me, aren't you?

CasperGhostsRust.jpg

And honestly thats a bit brighter than the actual hat

That's the spot color they use for printing. As I've mentioned, they have to match that color to available thread and fabric colors to produce the caps and uniforms.

They're never going to be exactly the same. The trick is to pick colors that can be matched across the board - from process simulation values, to fabrics, to threads, to twill, etc.

I am actually working on providing a service that will assist in doing this; color matching for graphic designers.

And honestly thats a bit brighter than the actual hat

Well, yeah, your screen is a light source, whereas the orange bit of the hat isn't actually producing light. That's why the photo comparison, or a comparison of Pantone swatches as Pantone often does, is so important. Any shade of orange is going to look slightly different on every single computer monitor on which it is seen, but if we can see relative values, it's easy to make the mental leap from the oddly bright orange on one's glowing computer screen to "orange that's about this much darker than a Broncos jersey."

Point is, you can't hold your cap up to a computer screen showing Pantone's color samples and expect the fabric to match. It's about relative values.

Question: Just how strongly visible is the glow-in-the-dark feature? Bright enough to photograph, obviously, which is pretty good. (I'm guessing from you photo that you used a hand-held camera with about a 1 to 2 second exposure.) But to your naked eye, in a dark room, how far can you see it, and how clear is it as a distinct scrubbing-bubbles logo versus an indistinct glowing blob? We're on the bleeding edge of new uniform technology, so we're relying on you for good intel!

20082614447.png

computer screen showing Pantone's color samples and expect the fabric to match. It's about relative values.

Question: Just how strongly visible is the glow-in-the-dark feature? Bright enough to photograph, obviously, which is pretty good. (I'm guessing from you photo that you used a hand-held camera with about a 1 to 2 second exposure.) But to your naked eye, in a dark room, how far can you see it, and how clear is it as a distinct scrubbing-bubbles logo versus an indistinct glowing blob? We're on the bleeding edge of new uniform technology, so we're relying on you for good intel!

The logo is very distinct, but like all uv reactive products it needs to be under direct light for it to get a good glow. That said I found that just being out and about all day is enough to get a decent result.

...Point is, you can't hold your cap up to a computer screen showing Pantone's color samples and expect the fabric to match. It's about relative values...

And all this is true, but again - fabric colors, thread colors and printing colors are not an exact match anyway. The PANTONE 1525 C is only used for printing purposes...Robison-Anton Thread 2581 ("Old Dark Texas Orange"), Madeira Thread 1021 ("Dark Tangerine"), or New Era Rust Orange are used in the threads and fabrics, while Webster Fabric Twill Texas Orange is used for the twill fabric. None of these are a one-to-one match color-wise.

I typically just show the colors used for printing...in a lot of cases, I could provide more detail and show the other color substrates, but I can sense the collective rolling of the eyes everytime I pull these out already...

:P

And all this is true, but again - fabric colors, thread colors and printing colors are not an exact match anyway. The PANTONE 1525 C is only used for printing purposes...Robison-Anton Thread 2581 ("Old Dark Texas Orange"), Madeira Thread 1021 ("Dark Tangerine"), or New Era Rust Orange are used in the threads and fabrics, while Webster Fabric Twill Texas Orange is used for the twill fabric. None of these are a one-to-one match color-wise.

I typically just show the colors used for printing...in a lot of cases, I could provide more detail and show the other color substrates, but I can sense the collective rolling of the eyes everytime I pull these out already...

:P

Actually thanks for the info on the color, just goes to show the work that went into the redesign and the crazy amount of knowledge you have.

• 5 months later...

I just thought I would post some pics of the ghosts home jerseys.

This first pic is credit Dan Cepeda with the Casper Star Tribune

startrib.jpg

The Next two are my pics from opening day. First up is the back of the third base coach to get a good look at the number font.

3rdbase.jpg

And the new costumed but still completely illogical mascot Hobart the Platypus

mascot.jpg

Wow. Hobart. Excuse me while I pick my jaw up off the floor.

The Next two are my pics from opening day. First up is the back of the third base coach to get a good look at the number font.

3rdbase.jpg

That's a terrible number font. The only requirement is that it be easy to read, and even with that guy standing still it looks like a 2 to me. First thing I don't love about this design.

And major, major kudos to all for real vests. I was quite sure that they would be black-sleeved jerseys. Still wishing that the Ghosts would sell them....

Archived