Uniforms you both love and hate

JStamper

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with the Bengals. Also, the Braves. I love the uniforms, but the fat A on the batting helmets annoy me.

Edit: Post 1,000 on this thread... hmmm, I am ok with it. This is a good topic that fits in well with this forums stated goals.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

When Southern Cal football whent back to the broad shoulder hoop on their jerseys they finally did what I hoped they'd do for years. Now I hate it, but I'd hate it more if they returned to the Nothwestern sleeve stripes.

I don't know if I like or hate UCLA's unis, or Arizona's or SMU's

I loved Ohio State's football unis when they went back to the classic Woody Hayes look, then they modified them this year and I hate them.

FsQiF2W.png

Green helmet? Not seeing it.

For about the millionth time, I really wish that Ron Wolf had gone through with his re-design in 1994:

1828842716_626abfd224_o.gif

The only thing I would do differently is add a single green stripe on the helmet and pants.

Really?

I'm not seeing the gold working that well in this case. I'm usually a huge fan of replacing "Athletic Yellow" ( :rolleyes: ) with gold, but don't know about this one. I thought the Rams got it right with the change to Navy and Gold. I guess its one of those things that you can't quite tell on paper and you have to see it in real life.

Maybe one day they'll break them out as a "Turn ahead the Clock Promo" . OH GOD! Did I really say that? Whats wrong with me? Just the thought of what the Bears would wear with such a promo makes me queezy.

This one is going to sound REALLY wierd...

...I love my Buccaneers' current uniforms. As is, I believe they were the first major pro sports team in the modern era ('90s on up to now--and even a lil' before that) to prominently feature GRAY--in this case, pewter. That neutral, dark color, contrasted with vermillion (or whatever specific name they have for their shade of red--I never really bothered to find out what it is *AHEM--PANTONE!!!*AHEM-AHEM!*), just looks so badass.

The problem I have--well, one of the two problems I have--concerns the set when matched with the white jerseys.

The red may be a bit brighter in tactile than the shade of red used on most all Buccaneer apparel and print material, and with the numbers on the white jerseys being outlined in orange, it appears as if it's bleeding into the red, and this, makes the whole number look orange. That, I DON'T like. That problem also shows up with the pants stripes.

That leads me to my second issue with the Buccaneers' overall set...one that's had time to sit and ferment in my system, and am finally at liberty to speak out about: the fact that ORANGE IS EVEN STILL INCLUDED. Don't get me wrong--I might be the biggest creamsicle advocate in this community. HOWEVER, if you are going to do a wholesale identity makeover, then go all the way with it. Don't just hold on to one color and kinda sneak a little bit of it up into your new scheme just to "hold on to a little bit of the team's past"--an angle I have that becomes a bit more quantified once one remembers that Old Man Glazer (Malcolm, the team's owner) never wants the Bucs' creamsicles to see the light of day again (hence the reason we have yet to see the Buccaneer "throwback" look since the 1997 redux, even with strong advocation my my kinfolk Derrick Brooks and several other long- and short-time members of the team). Add to that the fact that not a single piece of Buccaneers merchandise (in the current color scheme), outside of jerseys, includes an ounce of orange other than the little football in the logo, and my argument against the inclusion of orange in the Buccaneers' current set kinda holds a little bit more water, at least to me.

It is also for that same reason that I like and despise the Seahawks' look, as well. I'm cool with the Puget Slate color they've attached themselves to, but I will never for the life of me understand why they felt the need to use navy as a trim--a color that AIN'T THAT FAR AWAY FROM THEIR PRIMARY COLOR IN TERMS OF HUE--ans barely even use the green at all, except for scarce trim on the pants stripes and the collar/sleeve cuff ribbing. (Funny that these two expansion brethren share sort of the same issue, at least in my eyes.)

Okay...rant over now.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I think I have that love/hate relationship with the uniforms of all my favorite teams.

Brewers - The current ones are good in the sense that they really emphasize the name Brewers. But this isn't a brewing city anymore and the brewers that were here messed up the lives of a lot of families when they either shut down, merged or moved to Texas. In other words, they don't deserve to be honored. I like the retros for nostalgic reasons (as I'm sure most Brew Crew fans do), but without the history, they're bland and uninspired. Plus, they have royal blue pinstripes which remind me of the Cubs... and who wants to look like those losers?

Packers - Love the tradition behind them, but either go back to the unis Lombardi designed, or go to a different look altogether.

Admirals - Love the color scheme, HATE the pee-wee rec league logo.

Badgers Football - Again, love the tradition, but hate that another school two states away with even more tradition has the same basic look.

I have to disagree with you. I think Tampa's look is unique, distinctive, and perfect in almost every way. They just hit it on the head.

I agree with the fact that maybe the orange outline of the red numbers might be a bit weird looking, but it really doesn't bother me much. The only thing that I've noticed other than that is the fact that the pants look overly sweaty and kind of gross during some of the games. That I can do without.

The only thing that I've noticed other than that is the fact that the pants look overly sweaty and kind of gross during some of the games. That I can do without.

You and me both, brother. You and me both... (and probably everyone else up in here)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

easily the cowboys. i understand the tradition and all but these have to be the most disorganized set in the league. I wouldn't mind seeing either the alternate/throwback or the practice jerseys replace the current set. Probably more so the alternate, tweak it with royal instead of navy. that jersey has been growing on me for a while now. it would be a neat way of ushering in A) the new stadium in a few years and B)the tony romo era.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

I really liked the alts the Leafs wore last year, but hated myself for thinking anything about the Leafs is good. Fourtunately I don't like their new ones.

I feel the same way about the football uniform set for the Florida Gators, my man. Good as they look...I'm inclined, by virtue of blood, to hate everything Florida Gators.

Well one of the reasons they kept the orange is the old uniforms Citrus was primary and red was the trim . the point of it is when they went in to upgrade the uniform , they took in the fact of the colors & people had already wanted to see more of the red so they reversed them Red then became the primary color as orange took the back set . and added black and pewter of course , but its not the same red or same orange that was in the orginal unis thats what annoys me if they are going to keep the orange make it citrus like it should be .

#DTWD #GoJaguars

I love and hate the Red Sox uniforms.

I love the tradition behind them. The classic look. The good use of the navy, red and white. The great caps.

But I hate the font (I hated it when the Angels used a similar font) and I hate the numbers. I know a lot of people, probably most of you, love them, but I've always hated them.

While I hate the Sox font, I love it that they use that font for road uniforms, unlike in days past. The font just says Red Sox ... even though I don't like it.

I love and hate the Red Sox uniforms.

I love the tradition behind them. The classic look. The good use of the navy, red and white. The great caps.

But I hate the font (I hated it when the Angels used a similar font) and I hate the numbers. I know a lot of people, probably most of you, love them, but I've always hated them.

While I hate the Sox font, I love it that they use that font for road uniforms, unlike in days past. The font just says Red Sox ... even though I don't like it.

I like the Tuscan lettering and the older numbers. However, I'm not crazy about the player names on the backs. I feel like they should be using something more distinct than just plain athletic block, since the scripts and numbers are distinct. Probably not Tuscan, because that might be illegible in this case. Maybe a narrower athletic block? Maybe the Tuscan after all?

The Brewers can dispel any worries of looking like the team they lost the Central to by just ditching the pinstripes and going with pant and sleeve piping instead.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Hmmmm... as usual, we've all taken a topic and used it as an excuse to discuss our favorite teams. Hey, let me play!!!

New Viking's uniform... LOVE the new horn (although I hated the black trim at first, now I've completely 180ed on it and think of it as kinda old fashioned... lots of old school teams have black trim in their logo, and no where else) and I LOVE the way the shoulder / sleeve stripes wrap around and come to a point at the shoulder blades.

HATE the jersey side panels (bad overall, but especially at home where they look HUGE), hate the weird-ass pants stripes with the contrasting panels, hate the purple sox with the purple pants, and HATE that after waiting 40 years to get the purple pants back, we never get to see them!!!

Oh, and on a side note... love the Michigan helmet, hate everything else about those smug, self-congradulating, holier-than-thou, blue-noses.

The Brewers can dispel any worries of looking like the team they lost the Central to by just ditching the pinstripes and going with pant and sleeve piping instead.

Which is exactly what I want them to do.

1873809189_bd1ffe9678_o.png

1874632744_beec6be9b6_o.png

must....resist....urge...to...insert...B-i-Gsm.

you know of all the ball-in-glove uniforms, i like the ones with the barrel man the best. i don't know i really dig that bugger on the sleeves. ^_^

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Green helmet? Not seeing it.

For about the millionth time, I really wish that Ron Wolf had gone through with his re-design in 1994:

1828842716_626abfd224_o.gif

The only thing I would do differently is add a single green stripe on the helmet and pants.

I think vegas gold looks terrible. The Packers would look bad like this, and there are no stripes anywhere. Way too boring. The Penguins, Rams, Packers, Steelers, Pirates, A's, etc. all belong in yellow gold instead of ugly vegas gold. The exceptions to my rule of course are Navy, Notre Dame, and other teams that have historically used metallic colors.

Then again, in my rules also, I choose tradition over everything else because that's what I feel is right. Most of you prefer a more progressive approach.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Archived