Uniforms you both love and hate

JStamper

Newcastle United home jerseys, I simultaneously love and hate them. They're original and all, but... they do look like refs. And the back is just awful... but I also love them... so conflicted...

19n_owen_wideweb__430x273.jpg

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I love the Yankees' jerseys (and the team itself), but I hate the fact that they have three different interlocking NYs (batting helmet, hat, and home chest). That, and the fact that they use the batting helmet logo as their main logo on everything, when it is my least favorite of the three. And while they're at it, I'd like to see them ditch the white trim and the stripes on the sleeves from the road uniforms.

I've been a Yankee-hater all my life (60 years) but I agree, the Bronx Bumblers should lose the outline and stripes from the road uniform.

And my Maple Leafs should lose the Ballard leaf and put the hem-stripe back on the sweater.

This one is going to sound REALLY wierd...

...I love my Buccaneers' current uniforms. As is, I believe they were the first major pro sports team in the modern era ('90s on up to now--and even a lil' before that) to prominently feature GRAY--in this case, pewter. That neutral, dark color, contrasted with vermillion (or whatever specific name they have for their shade of red--I never really bothered to find out what it is *AHEM--PANTONE!!!*AHEM-AHEM!*), just looks so badass.

The problem I have--well, one of the two problems I have--concerns the set when matched with the white jerseys.

The red may be a bit brighter in tactile than the shade of red used on most all Buccaneer apparel and print material, and with the numbers on the white jerseys being outlined in orange, it appears as if it's bleeding into the red, and this, makes the whole number look orange. That, I DON'T like. That problem also shows up with the pants stripes.

That leads me to my second issue with the Buccaneers' overall set...one that's had time to sit and ferment in my system, and am finally at liberty to speak out about: the fact that ORANGE IS EVEN STILL INCLUDED. Don't get me wrong--I might be the biggest creamsicle advocate in this community. HOWEVER, if you are going to do a wholesale identity makeover, then go all the way with it. Don't just hold on to one color and kinda sneak a little bit of it up into your new scheme just to "hold on to a little bit of the team's past"--an angle I have that becomes a bit more quantified once one remembers that Old Man Glazer (Malcolm, the team's owner) never wants the Bucs' creamsicles to see the light of day again (hence the reason we have yet to see the Buccaneer "throwback" look since the 1997 redux, even with strong advocation my my kinfolk Derrick Brooks and several other long- and short-time members of the team). Add to that the fact that not a single piece of Buccaneers merchandise (in the current color scheme), outside of jerseys, includes an ounce of orange other than the little football in the logo, and my argument against the inclusion of orange in the Buccaneers' current set kinda holds a little bit more water, at least to me.

It is also for that same reason that I like and despise the Seahawks' look, as well. I'm cool with the Puget Slate color they've attached themselves to, but I will never for the life of me understand why they felt the need to use navy as a trim--a color that AIN'T THAT FAR AWAY FROM THEIR PRIMARY COLOR IN TERMS OF HUE--ans barely even use the green at all, except for scarce trim on the pants stripes and the collar/sleeve cuff ribbing. (Funny that these two expansion brethren share sort of the same issue, at least in my eyes.)

Okay...rant over now.

are you this guy, is anyone here this guy? If not this dude should be a member here.

bucs.png

PvO6ZWJ.png

Green helmet? Not seeing it.

For about the millionth time, I really wish that Ron Wolf had gone through with his re-design in 1994:

>graphic deleted<

The only thing I would do differently is add a single green stripe on the helmet and pants.

I think vegas gold looks terrible. The Packers would look bad like this, and there are no stripes anywhere. Way too boring. The Penguins, Rams, Packers, Steelers, Pirates, A's, etc. all belong in yellow gold instead of ugly vegas gold. The exceptions to my rule of course are Navy, Notre Dame, and other teams that have historically used metallic colors.

Then again, in my rules also, I choose tradition over everything else because that's what I feel is right. Most of you prefer a more progressive approach.

Wow. That might be the first time somebody ever accused me of being anti-tradition. :D

I agree that it's too plain, which is why I would add a single green stripe to helmet and pants - elegance. And for the record, that's not Vegas gold - it's intended to be much richer than that (Vegas gold is the very pale metallic gold that the Penguins use).

I would add the Packers to your list, since metallic gold was the original intent back in 1919 (they borrowed their team colors from Curly Lambeau's alma mater Notre Dame) and in their history they have used several variations of what they called "Old Gold."

...I love my Buccaneers' current uniforms. As is, I believe they were the first major pro sports team in the modern era ('90s on up to now--and even a lil' before that) to prominently feature GRAY--in this case, pewter. That neutral, dark color, contrasted with vermillion (or whatever specific name they have for their shade of red--I never really bothered to find out what it is *AHEM--PANTONE!!!*AHEM-AHEM!*), just looks so badass.

The problem I have--well, one of the two problems I have--concerns the set when matched with the white jerseys.

The red may be a bit brighter in tactile than the shade of red used on most all Buccaneer apparel and print material, and with the numbers on the white jerseys being outlined in orange, it appears as if it's bleeding into the red, and this, makes the whole number look orange. That, I DON'T like. That problem also shows up with the pants stripes.

That leads me to my second issue with the Buccaneers' overall set...one that's had time to sit and ferment in my system, and am finally at liberty to speak out about: the fact that ORANGE IS EVEN STILL INCLUDED. Don't get me wrong--I might be the biggest creamsicle advocate in this community. HOWEVER, if you are going to do a wholesale identity makeover, then go all the way with it. Don't just hold on to one color and kinda sneak a little bit of it up into your new scheme just to "hold on to a little bit of the team's past"--an angle I have that becomes a bit more quantified once one remembers that Old Man Glazer (Malcolm, the team's owner) never wants the Bucs' creamsicles to see the light of day again (hence the reason we have yet to see the Buccaneer "throwback" look since the 1997 redux, even with strong advocation my my kinfolk Derrick Brooks and several other long- and short-time members of the team). Add to that the fact that not a single piece of Buccaneers merchandise (in the current color scheme), outside of jerseys, includes an ounce of orange other than the little football in the logo, and my argument against the inclusion of orange in the Buccaneers' current set kinda holds a little bit more water, at least to me.

It is also for that same reason that I like and despise the Seahawks' look, as well. I'm cool with the Puget Slate color they've attached themselves to, but I will never for the life of me understand why they felt the need to use navy as a trim--a color that AIN'T THAT FAR AWAY FROM THEIR PRIMARY COLOR IN TERMS OF HUE--ans barely even use the green at all, except for scarce trim on the pants stripes and the collar/sleeve cuff ribbing. (Funny that these two expansion brethren share sort of the same issue, at least in my eyes.)

Okay...rant over now.

are you this guy, is anyone here this guy? If not this dude should be a member here.

bucs.png

Nope...'fraid that ain't me there, homeboy. You see, good sir...I am an African-American. :D (That cat might be some kin to bucfan56, though... :D )

But that image echoes my sentiments MORE than perfectly...and probably ever other bucfan up in here. (Pun COMPLETELY intended.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Okay...rant over now.

bucs.png

Nope...'fraid that ain't me there, homeboy. You see, good sir...I am an African-American. :D (That cat might be some kin to bucfan56, though... :D )

But that image echoes my sentiments MORE than perfectly...and probably ever other bucfan up in here. (Pun COMPLETELY intended.)

Y'know if I had any doubts about how you felt about the old "Orange Creamsicles" jerseys all I have to do is click on your profile pic. :P

Rockin' the "Creamsicles" Niiiiiice.

I guess they don't look that bad do they? Not bad, not bad at all!

BTW, who the hell is that guy on your avatar?

Okay...rant over now.

bucs.png

Nope...'fraid that ain't me there, homeboy. You see, good sir...I am an African-American. (That cat might be some kin to bucfan56, though... :D )

Y'know if I had any doubts about how you felt about the old "Orange Creamsicles" jerseys all I have to do is click on your profile pic. :P

Rockin' the "Creamsicles" Niiiiiice.

I guess they don't look that bad do they? Not bad, not bad at all!

BTW, who the hell is that guy on your avatar?

You caught the profile pic, eh? Well...you haven't seen the Hardy Nickerson t/b set yet, then... :P

And the guy is my avatar is John Tobias, also known as the guy who popped up in the corner of your screen and squealed "TOASTY!" after a successful uppercut in Mortal Komat II. (He's the guy you looked for in "The Portal"...when you saw him, first person to hold down and mash "Start" would transport through the Portal to fight Smoke. And yes...I'm STILL an avid MK fan...)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

You caught the profile pic, eh? Well...you haven't seen the Hardy Nickerson t/b set yet, then... :P

And the guy is my avatar is John Tobias, also known as the guy who popped up in the corner of your screen and squealed "TOASTY!" after a successful uppercut in Mortal Komat II. (He's the guy you looked for in "The Portal"...when you saw him, first person to hold down and mash "Start" would transport through the Portal to fight Smoke. And yes...I'm STILL an avid MK fan...)

at first i thought it was a pic of Michael Ian Black, until i saw 'toasty' under your av. Then i remembered it was saibot excuse me..Tobias who popped up. Yes i'm an avid fan myself. i just got armageddon in the bargain bin a couple of weeks ago, i've enjoyed the heck out of it. one thing i cant figure out as to why Liu Kang looks like a damn zombie. Thankfully the alt costume makes him look normal. only thing i don't like is i can't set up a random fight with out having to do the tourny or the practice mode which the other character does nothing. Create a player is cool. Elder God Koast, mwahahaha. sorry for going off topic.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

That would be cool if the Brewers had a keg as their cap logo or a picture of a drunk man on the sleeve patch. Anyways, I like that uniform concept of the blue and gold retro look. Could be a preview of whats to come within the next few years. The Brewers are due for a uniform change.

maybe so. The power of B-i-G compells them to go back to the ball in glove B) .

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Archived