Patriots 32 - panthers 29

JQK

For me, this goes down as one of the greatest. I was rooting for the Panthers, and save for a mistake by John Kasey at the end of the game, this game probrally would have gone into overtime. Jake Delhomme proved something today, as did the Carolina Panthers, they can hang with the best, and they look like a team that will be around for a while. I think Delhomme should have gotten MVP, but obviously that was not going to happen. Congratulations to the Pats and their awful New England fans... i have just one thing to say to you Patsies...

J-E-T-S-JETS-JETS-JETS!!!

:D

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I can't believe there were people out there who anticipated this as the Stupor Bowl or that it could possibly be incredibly boring.

When the game is this high-scoring and the winner isn't declared until there is four seconds left, how the hell is that boring?

That pass from Delhomme to Muhammad was spectacular. I woke up my father when I screamed "Holy S---!" at it.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

I wanted the Panthers to win so bad. They scored that touchdown with about a minute and a half to go and I was thinking it'll probably go to overtime. Awesome game. I was hoping and wishing that Vinateri would miss his third field (can you believe that?) of the game and give the Panthers a chance. Then when he made it I was hoping for some kind of miracle play.

Congrags to the Pats and the Panthers, no one thought they would be there and they almost pulled it off.

sig09.jpg

I can't believe there were people out there who anticipated this as the Stupor Bowl or that it could possibly be incredibly boring.

When the game is this high-scoring and the winner isn't declared until there is four seconds left, how the hell is that boring?

That pass from Delhomme to Muhammad was spectacular. I woke up my father when a screamed "Holy S---!" at it.

You should have gotten a bar of soap in your mouth like the kid who yelled "Holy S---!" at the Chevy Convertible. :D

The game was kind of boring through the first couple quarters when no one had scored. Which is a record for the Super Bowl, to remain scoreless for the first 20 minutes of the game? Unbelievable, then the defenses disappeared from then on out.

sig09.jpg

well, there was more scoring than i was expecting, i'll say that.  and i figured it woulda been in OT but just the same Vinatieri does it again...i was hoping He Hate Me coulda taken it back to the house, but either way, a Super Bowl for the ages...i'm thinkin, the 80s and 90s were full of snoozers with a couple exceptions, and now 3 of the last 5 have been down to the wire and actually worth watching past halftime :cool:

and now the hunt for Jacksonville begins!  congrats to the Pats and Panthers, and let's have a kickass SB XXXIX!

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Five greatest things about it:

5. Janet Jackson's extra point is good.

4. Vinatieri all over again.

3. The farting horse.

2. Delhomme to Muhammad.

1. Greg Gumbel talking about "raw naked football."

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

LOL true. That was not right they didnt give teh Rams thsioe 2 seconds but it would not have emattered.

You never know...course the Pats should have never had that chance. There was a blatent grounding non call on that drive. Then there were all those noncall holdings on the Pats D (set the standard for todays SB teams), but lets not go into that setup.

and let's not forget the 4th down they didn't convert on but got a very generous spot. But yeah, Kasay choked.

Congrats to the Patriots though. I still see them as talent-wise, one of the worst championship teams ever (right up there with last years)...

But their coaching was the difference.

Oh well, they won't even make the playoffs next year.

And what happened after halftime?  Was there a streaker?

IUe6Hvh.png

gotta admit, this game was really enjoyable, especially since there have only been a feww (in mine and my buddies opinions) a few Superbowls that keep our interest past halftime. we actually paid attention instead of drifting off into troubling drunken shinanegans. good game

Archived