NBA Uni Protocol

Shroinke

They just need to make 4 jerseys for every team

white (home)

alt/throwback home (yellow, orange, light blue, gray)

Dark Away

alt/throwback away (dark color)

no more home unis on the road and no more dark colors for home games

sIG.gif

medal5b.gif

www.dap-studio.pl

Does it really make that much of a difference? It's seriously not like this prevents you from being able to determine which team is home and which team is away.

This actually has merit. If you cannot tell, by looking at a court that shows (quite boldly, at that) the insignia of the home team in the center of the court who's home and who's away, then something's not right.

Does it really make that much of a difference? It's seriously not like this prevents you from being able to determine which team is home and which team is away.

This actually has merit. If you cannot tell, by looking at a court that shows (quite boldly, at that) the insignia of the home team in the center of the court who's home and who's away, then something's not right.

I always thought they should make team specific basketballs for the home team (much like the NHL with pucks)... colour the basketball in home team colours like you do for the all-star game... good fun.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

I always thought they should make team specific basketballs for the home team (much like the NHL with pucks)... colour the basketball in home team colours like you do for the all-star game... good fun.

I agree. maybe a stain on the regular balls, so it would be a bit subtle, but obvious in close ups.

I agree. maybe a stain on the regular balls, so it would be a bit subtle, but obvious in close ups.

And make special basketballs for the NBA finals... selling team specific authentic basketballs = more money for the league

---

Chris Creamer

I often propse a system where teams don't have homes and aways, they have primary and secondary uniforms. I personally love when teams both wear a color against eachother, as long as they are not too similar like orange and red or purple and blue.

anyway, I feel teams should have primary uniforms and secondary. They would always wear their primary unless it clashes with another team's primary, then the road team would have to switch to their secondary.

With most teams, they wouldn't even need a white (cleveland can just use a red and a navy uni, bulls can use a red and a black).

With some teams I think their home is their best color and should be their primary (Knicks, Lakers, Mavericks)

Anyway, what woud you guys think of that system. What would basically happen is you'd see a lot of red vs. blue and black vs. green and navy vs. orange games. Which I think would look kinda nice (except on a b&w TV)

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

thats why it makes so much sense dollars-wise to wear darks at home on a full time basis

I hate to say it, but I agree. Financially, it makes sense to present colors and alts at home. I think fans tend to like to wear home jerseys more than they do road jerseys, generally.

I still prefer white at home because I'd rather see my team in white so, if I go to a lot of games, I can see variety in the other team's jersey, rather than just blue or black (for the wolves) vs. white every time.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

The Football League Championship (the second division of English soccer) started doing that this year, in conjunction with Mitre, the ball manufacturer. I can't seem to find a proper page on it, but there is a viral video on YouTube.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

IMO, the following teams could wear their away at home against certain teams with the other team wearing their away and it would still work, only because their away jerseys are so light:

Hornets (Teal & Yellow)

Bobcats (Orange)

Nuggets (Powder Blue)

Pacers (Yellow)

Suns (Orange)

Kings (Gold ... even though it's :puke: )

Sonics (Yellow)

What he said, and you could probably add the Wizards' just-as-:puke: gold tops (yeah, even with the black shorts).

The only time you couldn't go with one of these options at home is when the Nuggets or Hornets are the visitors, since they don't have a dark-enough option to contrast.

natsred.pngredskins.pngmaryland.pngcapitals.png

The Football League Championship (the second division of English soccer) started doing that this year, in conjunction with Mitre, the ball manufacturer. I can't seem to find a proper page on it, but there is a viral video on YouTube.

Looking good... carry that on over to North America please!

---

Chris Creamer

Archived