Madden Video Game

wdm1219inpenna

Hi all,

I was wondering why on the Madden games, some games such as Dallas vs San Fran are considered "rivalry" games, ditto Miami vs Jacksonville, and why most, but not ALL divisional games are deemed "Rivalry" games. I don't know why ALL divisional games aren't deemed as "Rivalry" games on there. Just a curious anomoly that I noticed when simulating a season the other day.

Bill

Hi all,

I was wondering why on the Madden games, some games such as Dallas vs San Fran are considered "rivalry" games, ditto Miami vs Jacksonville, and why most, but not ALL divisional games are deemed "Rivalry" games. I don't know why ALL divisional games aren't deemed as "Rivalry" games on there. Just a curious anomoly that I noticed when simulating a season the other day.

Bill

you do realize this is an EA game right, so why should you have any high expectations from EA? they can't get their :censored: together when it comes to the uniforms, why expect them to get their :censored: together concerning rivary games.

if you were doing historical matchups i could see since dallas/san fran did have a little rivalry in the early 90s. But for current teams it should be a no brainer with some rivals like Dallas/Philly/Washington.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Some may be more like territorial rivalries; they aren't really "rivalries" for the NFL, because the NFL teams in different conferences play each other quite seldomly. In MLB, the interleague play allows NL teams to play AL rivals and vise-versa, like Milwaukee/Minnesota, Houston/Texas, Los Angeles/Anaheim, etc. so that they do develop rivalries.

The NFL is different. Teams in the NFC North usually play the teams in the AFC West every 4-6 years; however, this year the Packers and Bears play all of the teams in the AFC West. That would hold true for most divisions where there is another team in the vicinity from the other conference, i.e. St. Louis/Kansas City.

Teams in the same division, it's weird, but I don't think that you can just take any two teams in a division and call them rivals. Other teams like the Cowboys, they seem to have rivalries with everyone in their division.

Some may be more like territorial rivalries; they aren't really "rivalries" for the NFL, because the NFL teams in different conferences play each other quite seldomly. In MLB, the interleague play allows NL teams to play AL rivals and vise-versa, like Milwaukee/Minnesota, Houston/Texas, Los Angeles/Anaheim, etc. so that they do develop rivalries.

The NFL is different. Teams in the NFC North usually play the teams in the AFC West every 4-6 years; however, this year the Packers and Bears play all of the teams in the AFC West. That would hold true for most divisions where there is another team in the vicinity from the other conference, i.e. St. Louis/Kansas City.

Teams in the same division, it's weird, but I don't think that you can just take any two teams in a division and call them rivals. Other teams like the Cowboys, they seem to have rivalries with everyone in their division.

you generally could tell who the rivals are. whats interesting is the cowboys have a shared rivalry with philly and washington. but Dallas and NY Giants i don't get that feeling of intense rivalry as i do with philly and washington. however, i don't know if you could call the Giants/Eagles, Giants/Redskins, Eagles/Redskins as major rivals compared to say Dallas/Philly or Dallas/Redskins.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Archived